• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Aftermarket Head Units.

bonifacio

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.bracestraps.com
2019 TRD OR
Cement
That cheap CTH PX6 I said was great died on me. So looking for a new one. Anyone swap their's out?
Was checking out the Pioneer 9" models. But wouldn't mind cheaper. Saw Pioneer has a bunch in the sub-$300 range.
Ultimately would like to have something that can accept a second front camera.

Prefer a clean no knobs, no buttons. Capacitive buttons are ok. Flush mounted.

That cheap CTH PX6 I said was great died on me. So looking for a new one. Anyone swap their's out?
Was checking out the Pioneer 9" models. But wouldn't mind cheaper. Saw Pioneer has a bunch in the sub-$300 range.
Ultimately would like to have something that can accept a second front camera.

Prefer a clean no knobs, no buttons. Capacitive buttons are ok. Flush mounted.
I was eyeing a Kenwood at Best Buy the other day. It was the 10" floating screen, they had it listed for $550 on clearance. I like my Joying, but it has it's moments.

I almost pulled the trigger, but then thought about CANBUS integration. I'd have to buy the Maestro and I backed out. I'm happy with my $320 investment, plus it runs my sub just fine.

What about any good Apple Carplay products? I've been looking for a good carplay that works for iPhone, can't seem to find any good one :/

What about any good Apple Carplay products? I've been looking for a good carplay that works for iPhone, can't seem to find any good one :/
My Joying and if I remember correctly the CTH PX6 are both wireless carplay. Mine works great! Other than the once a month/2 months when it reboots itself while driving.

My Joying and if I remember correctly the CTH PX6 are both wireless carplay. Mine works great! Other than the once a month/2 months when it reboots itself while driving.
Perfect!!! Tysm!!! :D

Perfect!!! Tysm!!! :D
Of course I have no pictures of it actually on. CarPlay is pretty responsive. I honeywent with the Joying because of the knob. Plus to me it looks more OEM than others.

Plus all of the audio control options built into this unit make it a bargain. It’s got DSP built in, works pretty well, I have most of the low end tuned down on my door speakers. I got a couple more volume notches doing so.

Heads up. My CTH PX6 died. Would freeze and repeat the sound (broken record), then black screens. Now it just boots and freezes. Completely dead. Also no customer support.
I tried a full reset and also from the bootloader. Might try the update file.

So between the Joying 10"+ or a Sony XAV AX8100.

Trail Grid Pro makes it full PnP for easy install. But it has the limited crippled UI.

Joying would be the same as the previous PX6. Seems like Android will always be previous version. Seeing most are on Android 11. Android is at 13 now. Not necessary for full Android to be on a head unit. But it was nice.
Trying to see if the 8100 can use the front cam or if I need to get the Anytime Camera set up again. Have to see if that would even work.
Might pop in the factory Entune 2.0 JBL again for the time being.

@Ron Where are you Mr. Ron! I need you.

Last edited:
Back