• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Affiliate Codes

hallux

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering what the rules were about affiliate codes here on these boards, I have a vendor interested in providing me a affiliate code to provide those interested in their product. I do not know if there would be any discount to the user. I figured I would ask for permission, this time ;-) lol

I don’t have a problem with it as long as it is obvious that it is an affiliate code and not disguised as a regular link.

No problem with it, as @Tyler said make sure its known that youre affiliated with them and it doesnt come off as a T3G direct promotion unless they were a vendor here offering it to just the community. An example of this is RIGID and BAJA Designs how they have their 10% code up.

Whats the company?

Whats the company?

The company is N2 Designs, he (Jimmy aka jayrobot on TW) sells remote starts that are plug and play, he is the only one on the market who has a plug and play kit for manual transmissions. I do not know if anyone gets a discount from the code, Jimmy and I are still discussing the particulars.

The plan was to have a post explaining the product, then link his website clearly linked (nothing sneaky) and have it laid out in the following fashion...

big toe said:
To purchase, please visit website here - feel free to use my code : CODEHERE

If there is an obvious benefit (% off) for folks to use the code, I will put that directly after the code. If there is not a benefit, I will also state that.

The company is N2 Designs, he (Jimmy aka jayrobot on TW) sells remote starts that are plug and play, he is the only one on the market who has a plug and play kit for manual transmissions. I do not know if anyone gets a discount from the code, Jimmy and I are still discussing the particulars.

The plan was to have a post explaining the product, then link his website clearly linked (nothing sneaky) and have it laid out in the following fashion...

If there is an obvious benefit (% off) for folks to use the code, I will put that directly after the code. If there is not a benefit, I will also state that.
This is okay. But it would have to be posted in the vendor forum and/or the marketplace forum.

https://tacoma3g.com/forums/vendors.17/
https://tacoma3g.com/marketplace/

Alright, even if I am not a vendor for him? I was going to post it in the Lighting / Audio / Electrical / Comm section. However if that's where the Badministrator (LOL) wants it, that's where it shall go!
Since its in regards to a specific company, it should be in the Vendors section as thats dedicated to products and discussion of companies products direct with affiliates or vendors themselves.

Alright, even if I am not a vendor for him? I was going to post it in the Lighting / Audio / Electrical / Comm section. However if that's where the Badministrator (LOL) wants it, that's where it shall go!
Lol! But yes, as @Malcolm mentioned, since it is simply an advertisement, it’ll have to be there. Even the vendors we have on the site don’t advertise in the on-topic Tacoma forums.

Lol! But yes, as @Malcolm mentioned, since it is simply an advertisement, it’ll have to be there. Even the vendors we have on the site don’t advertise in the on-topic Tacoma forums.

Okay! Thanks. I'll post it up here and if / when I get the affiliate code I'll edit my post.

Howdy all, I’m here now. Very nice forum layout! Loving it! Yes I’m a vendor however I don’t have a vendor title here, we’ll not at least yet. I did give him permission to do this so I’m glad he’s trying to do right by the mods here. Exactly how I run the business, honesty and communication. Will someone message me the rules and requirements to be a vendor here or link me a sticky on it? I’d be interested and would want to go about it the right way without violating any T3G forum rules. Let me know. We have a heavy presence on TW and social media and my threads being in hundreds of prospects from google searches to these threads resulting in a slight increase in new member registrations just to access me, and my products that otherwise wouldn’t know forums existed. I’m looking to branch out to this forum and Hallux is a walking breathing testimony to it as he’s an actual user of the products. Not an employee, but a good guy. Thanks in advance!

Howdy all, I’m here now. Very nice forum layout! Loving it! Yes I’m a vendor however I don’t have a vendor title here, we’ll not at least yet. I did give him permission to do this so I’m glad he’s trying to do right by the mods here. Exactly how I run the business, honesty and communication. Will someone message me the rules and requirements to be a vendor here or link me a sticky on it? I’d be interested and would want to go about it the right way without violating any T3G forum rules. Let me know. We have a heavy presence on TW and social media and my threads being in hundreds of prospects from google searches to these threads resulting in a slight increase in new member registrations just to access me, and my products that otherwise wouldn’t know forums existed. I’m looking to branch out to this forum and Hallux is a walking breathing testimony to it as he’s an actual user of the products. Not an employee, but a good guy. Thanks in advance!
Welcome. https://tacoma3g.com/vendorpg/
You would be looking at the Silver tier in this case.

Back