• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Advice for a newbie

So im new to the 4x4 game. I've had my inferno off road twice so far. nothing crazy but had a lot of fun. my question to you guys is what was your first mod and would you make a different decision if you had to start all over again?
Welcome to the 4x4 club, my first mod was a rear bumper. If I could do it over my first mod would have been a suspension upgrade.

I’m new to the 4x4 club also. My first “real” mod is going to be suspension.
Tires & wheels don’t count (my wife fell for it!)

get sliders if offroading.

Look up why @Tyler regrets not getting sliders first if you don't know his story

So im new to the 4x4 game. I've had my inferno off road twice so far. nothing crazy but had a lot of fun. my question to you guys is what was your first mod and would you make a different decision if you had to start all over again?

My first mod was sliders, lift, tires. If i had to do it over again I would not got 285’s Id go 265/70 ko2’s. I spent way too much money regearing etc and loss of mpg with bigger tires.

get sliders if offroading.

Look up why @Tyler regrets not getting sliders first if you don't know his story
Seriously. Get sliders first. Or at least order them now because it usually takes 6+ weeks to receive them.

Tires and lift are usually the go-to first mod, and while that is fine, they’re still not gonna prevent body damage from when you push your truck too far.

26E4BA14-012F-4279-96A8-222CAD7845C9.jpeg
17B0980A-6D61-4D4B-9C91-6580E35CA619.jpeg

Sliders are definitely top of the list for off-roading. MeSo turn signals were my first mod on the truck, not essential for off-roading but certainly make the truck look more badass.

Sliders are a must in my opinion for when you start off roading. These trucks aren't cheap, and without sliders you can seriously mess some things up when having fun on the trails.

Back