Advice for a newbie

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

GnGrTrd

= III • Silver
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
Military
Marine Corps
T3G Member
So im new to the 4x4 game. I've had my inferno off road twice so far. nothing crazy but had a lot of fun. my question to you guys is what was your first mod and would you make a different decision if you had to start all over again?

Silent_Taco4x4

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Adam
T3G Member
So im new to the 4x4 game. I've had my inferno off road twice so far. nothing crazy but had a lot of fun. my question to you guys is what was your first mod and would you make a different decision if you had to start all over again?
Welcome to the 4x4 club, my first mod was a rear bumper. If I could do it over my first mod would have been a suspension upgrade.

Soldato321

= III • Silver
First Name
Saverio
Military
Navy
T3G Member
I’m new to the 4x4 club also. My first “real” mod is going to be suspension.
Tires & wheels don’t count (my wife fell for it!)

951_yota

= V • Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Travis
Military
Air Force (Vet.)
T3G Member

My first mod was sliders, lift, tires. If i had to do it over again I would not got 285’s Id go 265/70 ko2’s. I spent way too much money regearing etc and loss of mpg with bigger tires.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
get sliders if offroading.

Look up why Tyler regrets not getting sliders first if you don't know his story
Seriously. Get sliders first. Or at least order them now because it usually takes 6+ weeks to receive them.

Tires and lift are usually the go-to first mod, and while that is fine, they’re still not gonna prevent body damage from when you push your truck too far.

26E4BA14-012F-4279-96A8-222CAD7845C9.jpeg
17B0980A-6D61-4D4B-9C91-6580E35CA619.jpeg

KBear

= III • Silver
T3G O.G.
First Name
Allison
T3G Member
Sliders are definitely top of the list for off-roading. MeSo turn signals were my first mod on the truck, not essential for off-roading but certainly make the truck look more badass.

jeremy5000

= II • Bronze
First Name
Jeremy
T3G Member
Sliders are a must in my opinion for when you start off roading. These trucks aren't cheap, and without sliders you can seriously mess some things up when having fun on the trails.

Top Bottom