• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Adding Factory Options

KlubFoot

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
I got a great deal on my 2019 TRD OR from my local dealer. However, there are a few options I missed out on that I was wondering if they could be purchased/installed down the road. I’m specifically interested in the technology package options (auto climate, auto lights, blind spot mirrors). Has anyone swapped these parts in to their non factory optioned vehicle? What all is involved? Plug and play or splice and dice? Thanks for any info!

I don't know of anyone that has added those three options you mentioned after the fact with aftermarket kits, or even with OEM parts. I don't think it's impossible, but you should just get it from factory. You're talking about a thermometer in the cab to get auto climate so that the AC/Heater turns off when it reaches the desired temp, extra wiring and probably a photocell of some sort for auto lights to come on and off, new set of mirrors with the blind spot notification light in it with extra wiring run and some sort of radar back to the truck so that it'll light up the light when there's someone in your blind spot, and getting all that to play nice with your truck. I think it'll be more cost effective if you get it from the factory, and it'll save you some extra stress.

If you're up for the challenge, then by all means, document it and take all the photos so we can all do it too! hahaha. 😆

But, I'd continue shopping if you really wanted those features and find a truck with the tech package.

I’ll sell you my blind spot monitor system for free if you tell me how to take it off without a check engine light or other error message. Not a fan, leave it off all the time. Annoying yellow lights that drag your attention away from the road even when you aren’t interested in changing lanes.

I’ll sell you my blind spot monitor system for free if you tell me how to take it off without a check engine light or other error message. Not a fan, leave it off all the time. Annoying yellow lights that drag your attention away from the road even when you aren’t interested in changing lanes.
I honestly don't really notice mine when I make a lane change since I'm so use to just looking and not relying on the alert. The only time I use it is during the night if I'm a little unsure about a car's distance. One time during a night drive home, I had a small black car creep up on me with their lights off coming on to the merge when I was about to take the exit. Blind spot monitor on the mirrors were on... I was puzzled until the car pulled ahead me. smh. thank goodness for the blind spot alert...

After some further research, it appears this is not really feasible and that it would not be a plug and play ordeal. I get spoiled driving my wife's Lexus and feel primitive getting back into the Tacoma sometime. Honestly, I'd rather have all of it or none of it lol

Back