• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! **ACCIDENT PHOTOS FOUND**Hey guys I'm interested used 2019 Toyota Tacoma with salvage Title!!

Vannesi

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello guys
Thanks for creating this awesome forum and meeting wonderful people here. I am looking to get a 2019 Toyota Tacoma or anything similar but I'm really interested in this one, unfortunately this car has salvage title and I am looking to the community to check if there is anything else I should be looking out for while doing my inspection day, and I will purchase the car report to see damage and other details.

They are asking for the price of $34,000 and it has 14500 miles with a Salvage Title.
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks

**UPDATE**
Thanks for everyone comments, I've gone through everyone comments
Thank you all for your contribution to this post, I have been wary of buying this vehicle, and on further research, I decided to run the VIN CHECK confirmed my fears.

I found that
Primary DamageSide
Secondary DamageMinor Dent/scratches

this is exactly what I was trying to {do/avoid}. Imagine if I did not make this research I would have ended up vehicle having the wrong spec, not friendly to climate, high fuel consumption, High MRSP, etc, please have a look at the report (It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the link to the report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report (https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/3TMCZ5AN9KM252629)
1666859248385.png

1666859402388.png

1666859426806.png

1666859444705.png

1666409629704.png

1666409663906.png

1666409695108.png

Last edited:
Not sure of the market in California but even in this crazy market $34K is pretty high for a salvage titled truck. I’d keep looking, even out of state if I were you.
EDIT : Here’s another thing to consider, check with your insurance agent about how they cover salvage vehicles.

Last edited:
I agree . You wouldn’t want to put your hard earned cash down on this truck if you were to find out in the event of a total loss situation you would loose a ton of money .

At that point just go buy a new one instead. That's just my opinion, at least if you can. Depends on what you find and what dealers offer over there

Carfax is helpful but not always enough information to understand the title change.

Biggest concern I would have is that flood damage vehicles fall into this area of concern. Flood damaged vehicles are often sold in another part of the country from where the damage occurred, so a buyer is less likely to be aware of this as a possible concern.

Good link to educate yourself, click here.

Carfax is helpful but not always enough information to understand the title change.

Biggest concern I would have is that flood damage vehicles fall into this area of concern. Flood damaged vehicles are often sold in another part of the country from where the damage occurred, so a buyer is less likely to be aware of this as a possible concern.

Good link to educate yourself, click here.
Thanks for your suggestion, I'm going to get the Carfax and share it with you guys soon, I don't wanna have headache later on.

**UPDATE**
Thanks for everyone comments, I've gone through everyone comments
Thank you all for your contribution to this post, I have been wary of buying this vehicle, and on further research, I decided to run the VIN CHECK confirmed my fears.

I found that
Primary DamageSide
Secondary DamageMinor Dent/scratches

this is exactly what I was trying to {do/avoid}. Imagine if I did not make this research I would have ended up vehicle having the wrong spec, not friendly to climate, high fuel consumption, High MRSP, etc, please have a look at the report (It's only $15 if you guys don't want to spend $40 for a Carfax)

Here is the link to the report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/3TMCZ5AN9KM252629
1666859248385.png

1666859402388.png

1666859426806.png

1666859444705.png

This is starting to read like an advertisement......trolled???

With that much of an impact the frame has to be bent... we sadly don't have that good of frames I wish 3rd Gen Tacos frames were built more like the 4Runner frames

Wow, that's a close call with that piece of junk. Good thing you checked the history before buying it. Appreciate the heads up, we're planning to sell our car and get a new one too.

Not sure of the market in California but even in this crazy market $34K is pretty high for a salvage titled truck. I’d keep looking, even out of state if I were you.
EDIT : Here’s another thing to consider, check with your insurance agent about how they cover salvage vehicles.
Agree. I'm in CA and just got an email from Carvana that they would give me $26K for my DCLB OR with 76k Mi

Back