• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Access Cab Roof Racks?

I've been using this system for almost 3 years with no issues.

The basket and bars came from a Jeep I had. Just had to buy the baseclips. It was a pain to get set but its been good for plenty of trips, and even cross country (PA to NV) fully loaded.

I didn't want to mess with drilling hole or anything with the weather stripping up top and didn't have factory rails.

My setup is a bit taller than most but I think it's also considerably cheaper.

Good luck us access cabs sure are outnumbered!

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0955.jpg
    IMG_0955.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 422
Could go aes5455 route as well. I have a the same system but different brand on my Subaru, I've had kayaks, wheels and tires, Christmas tress on it and have used to mount my hammocks. No problems.

If you're looking for something shorter try Rhino Rack, that's what I have on the Subaru and it's almost half the height of the Yakima I see most people use.

Only complaint is it wore the paint at the base so I would look into some paint protection film. 3M and Lamin-x make some good stuff.

I have an UpTopOverland roof rack. Not access cab but I can answer questions if you have any.

Back