• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

ABS Random Warnings

NTX.TACOTRUK

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else experience ABS warning lights coming on for no reason, drives and brakes normally, and then disappears when you turn the engine off.

do you offroad?

it could be the abs sensors in front. they are in a spot that can easily get hit.

Upvote 0
I do off-road quite a bit...I'll look at the sensors again, but when I looked the other day they visually appeared fine....but with internal wiring, there might be damage I can't see?

Upvote 0
I do off-road quite a bit...I'll look at the sensors again, but when I looked the other day they visually appeared fine....but with internal wiring, there might be damage I can't see?
It could be that dirt or moisture got inside of the sensor. Try taking them off, cleaning them thoroughly and re-installing. this can usually solve the problem unless one of the sensor was hit or knocked while offroading.

Upvote 0
So when they pulled off the front wheels to replace the tires 'cause the insides were damn-near bald from poor alignment I checked the wiring down to the sensors....so, whoever put the lift on had not adjusted the wiring enough to the sensors so everything was super tight between the clips/zip-ties, and the sensors weren't able to sit right and clip into the female connectors. Soooo, I pulled slack down, pushed the connectors in tight so they snapped tight, and haven't had a problem since.

Upvote 0
So when they pulled off the front wheels to replace the tires 'cause the insides were damn-near bald from poor alignment I checked the wiring down to the sensors....so, whoever put the lift on had not adjusted the wiring enough to the sensors so everything was super tight between the clips/zip-ties, and the sensors weren't able to sit right and clip into the female connectors. Soooo, I pulled slack down, pushed the connectors in tight so they snapped tight, and haven't had a problem since.

Always nice when it's an easy fix. ?

Upvote 0
Back