• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

A little different style rock slider?

Victory4x4

victory4x4.com
Authorized Vendor
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.victory4x4.com
2021 Pro DCSB Auto
Super White
So we have been making two-piece body mount sliders in the Jeep world for a long time. They included integrated hi-lift jackholes (ha!) and rock lights.

JKSL_CRL_4D_3.jpg

A couple of weeks ago we brought this concept to the 4runner world in a frame mount style with our Blitz Sliders.

V4R5SL-BL_3.jpg
V4R5SL-BL_6.jpg
V4R5SL-BL_5_2.jpg
1_7.jpg

(y)(n) A few Taco people that have seen them have said they would be interested. What do you think? Should we make these for the tacos too? (y)(n)

Those are very clean and functional. I like the integrated lights a lot. I also really like how they do not look like the typical sliders and more like an OEM step/running board. I love the functionality of sliders but I am not a huge fan of the bent tube look that everyone else puts out. I just bought a set of All-Pro Apex sliders because they have a very "finished" look with the filler plate they use and I got them fast and free shipping. Hard to pass that up. If these were on the market, this would be my top choice for a slider. Your current Tacoma slider was very high on my list as it was anyway.

Rock lights, scene/camp lighting, wiring them to come on when you approach the vehicle, etc. The integrated lights are very slick and useful. Big fan! I honestly can't see these not selling well. Pricing would be the only thing that influence that (obviously). They are a very clean design for sure.

That's pretty cool. More protection from road debris but functional sliders.

Is it boxed on the back side? I'm just thinking if there would be challenges cleaning out the inside after a mud run.

I agree with all three of the above comments. If these were to support the weight of the truck, take a beating, and be easy to clean i’d be very interested in getting a set myself. I am currently in the market for sliders and if these were to come to market soon I’d love to get my hands on a set or if you need someone to test them!

Interested in seeing the overall design with the taco..

Those look great. Love how clean they sit to the body and the integrated lighting. I'd definitely like to see them useable as a standing platform to access the roof. I use my current sliders as steps all the time.

My concerns are the lack of kick out to help push the truck away from objects. The flare on the ends tracks inward towards the truck which in my head could lower the truck into potential body damage, if the slider was loaded with the vehicles weight. Other concern is as @Rob Daman has mentioned of mud, ice, and other junk getting called inside the slider. Especially if they come bare steel and are difficult to paint the inside.

@Victory4x4 have you guys already worked to address these? I think these look like an option with great potential for the Tacoma slider market. I'd even consider a set.

I like the look of them on the 4R, but not sure on the Taco. Not saying no, it just might take some time to grow on me.

However, I do like the idea of someone trying a fresh idea. That’s always welcomed.

I like that integrated lighting, pretty slick. Are there replacement and color options?

Is the top step completely smooth? If so, I think it would be nice to have some cutouts or perforations to aid in grip. May also shed some weight. Or just some grip tape would help. I always liked the way the “shark” running boards looked from Toyota.

38154773-9F29-42BA-A5F5-1E1FE7F9B889.jpeg
6B92C5A4-C845-4419-BFC6-64085E128C0F.png

Just a thought!

Is the top step completely smooth? If so, I think it would be nice to have some cutouts or perforations to aid in grip. May also shed some weight. Or just some grip tape would help. I always liked the way the “shark” running boards looked from Toyota.

38154773-9F29-42BA-A5F5-1E1FE7F9B889.jpeg
6B92C5A4-C845-4419-BFC6-64085E128C0F.png

Just a thought!

Yeah grip tape would help for sure! We've also masked the sliders and sprayed bedliner on just the tops. That works well too.

Yeah grip tape would help for sure! We've also masked the sliders and sprayed bedliner on just the tops. That works well too.

Oh nice. The bed liner on would be helpful. Hopefully you get the prototypes done soon. I’m looking forward to seeing these on a Tacoma.

Oh nice. The bed liner on would be helpful. Hopefully you get the prototypes done soon. I’m looking forward to seeing these on a Tacoma.
Not sure on an ETA. We have a trip at the end of March that it would be nice to have them ready for, but we will see.

Will the design support jacking the truck up using a hi-lift??

Back