• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

A completely new roof light

Armor Light Co

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
At Armor Light Co we have developed a new roof light that we'd love for you guys to check out! It cuts down on gas, wind noise and you don't have to drill into your truck. Just as bright as our competitors and they're pretty dang slick too.

If you want to see our products visit:

www.armorlightco.com

Pro Light - Quarter.jpg

Blue Toyota - Two Piece.jpg

Looks 3d Printed. Are the production products printed or is this a prototype?

Interesting! I like the look! Are there plans to make these from aluminum? Not a big fan of tolerances on 3D prints

Looks 3d Printed. Are the production products printed or is this a prototype?
As a start up company, we currently only offer these lights as a 3d printed model. We are hoping to grow a customer base large enough to start producing our products utilizing injection molding.

Interesting! I like the look! Are there plans to make these from aluminum? Not a big fan of tolerances on 3D prints
We are definitely trying to work towards aluminum models! We also have had concerns about the 3D tolerances but we are confident with the strength of our designs to serve their purpose.

At Armor Light Co we have developed a new roof light that we'd love for you guys to check out! It cuts down on gas, wind noise and you don't have to drill into your truck. Just as bright as our competitors and they're pretty dang slick too.

If you want to see our products visit:

www.armorlightco.com

How do they "cut down on gas"?

Hey Jetspeed!

Sorry, I admit I wasn't very clear on that. In comparison to traditional light bars, our low profile design is not as severely impacted by wind resistance, resulting in a zero to low mpg decrease. Other brands can experience up to 3mpg decreases.

Hey Jetspeed!

Sorry, I admit I wasn't very clear on that. In comparison to traditional light bars, our low profile design is not as severely impacted by wind resistance, resulting in a zero to low mpg decrease. Other brands can experience up to 3mpg decreases.
Ah, excellent. Thanks for the info. I'm an aeronautical engineer and trying to wrap my head around how others can cause as much as a 3mpg decrease. Not challenging your response, I totally take your word for it. I'm just geeking out over aerodynamic formulas. 😂

Ah, excellent. Thanks for the info. I'm an aeronautical engineer and trying to wrap my head around how others can cause as much as a 3mpg decrease. Not challenging your response, I totally take your word for it. I'm just geeking out over aerodynamic formulas. 😂
No problem! Obviously 3mpg is an extreme case but surprisingly it does happen. Generally with very large light bars that are angled in the worst possible position. And especially when that starts working against roof racks. I believe a typical impact is about .5mpg with 1mpg being on the high side.

Back