• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

4-Link rear

Would you 4-link?

• Total voters

MJ'sTacoma

5️⃣ Platinum
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
So ive never really been a fan of the leaf springs in the rear, I've done alot of research and basically decided I want to 4 link the taco.
I'll most likely be doing a triangulated 4 link to get awa from a panhard rod, Probably use a universal AntiRock swaybar kit, Some 80 series coils and most likely 4 runner shocks. (any shocks meant for the tacoma are valved much softer due to the fact that leaf springs are stiffer than coils)

Pros:
-More comfort ish?
-Easier to achieve more travel ( cost )

Cons:
-Will never be perfect
-Load ratings and towing will probably take a dump.

I dont know how much it will cost, how long it will take but F it, Does anyone know someone that I could speak to who can give me more advice on this?

Warfab can tell you all about his 3 link.

It’s tricky with the gas tank unless you relocate it for a 4 link.

Go for it and I’d be interested in seeing how it’s done.

Youll definitely have to relocate the gas tank if you 4-link...depending on the level of build your going for a 3-link might be a better option. Checkout Taco-SOS I believe on Instagram for a really well done 3-link. Also if your going to go the full build for either a 3-link or 4-link, why limit yourself on your travel options with 4runner suspension. You can easily get close to 20" of travel with a 3/4-link kit and coilovers compared to springs and 4runner shocks. Plus your cost is gonna be about the same

A coilover setup is definitely the end goal and probably should just strive for that from the begining. I work for Dobinsons USA so my options are kind of limited when it comes so custom stuff. But a coilover would definitely be the best option when it comes to travel.

But im mainly doing this to get away from the leafs, I will probably end up using a 12 inch coilover on a trailing arm 3 link.
End up with probably 14-16 inches of travel which is more than enough for what i do.

Back