• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

3rd Gen Taco Chevy 63s Leaf Spring Swap

wvytaco

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 Pro DCSB Auto
Cavalry Blue
Looking to pull some more travel out of my 3rd Gen rear suspension! For a stock truck, (just trd pro lift) it has a decent amount of travel but I seem to pick up a wheel almost the instant I get out on the rocks, even with my 35s!

Been doing a fair bit of research and this looks like my best bet.
Can be a budget build or a premium build depending on what parts I pick up and if I do the work entirely myself or not.

Looking to find some others' opinions on kits and different ways to get extended travel.

Has anybody done this swap on here? And is there any better information on measurements and designs besides this write-up linked below? Preferably not TW as I just filtered through a billion years of bullshit and found nothing helpful.

Chevy 63s Write-up

Random Truck I found with this setup

Looks like a ford extended travel brace and Bilstein shocks.
1645205517906.png

Back