• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

3rd gen short bed camper shell thoughts?

nategamans

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
2021 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Army Green
I'm looking to get a camper cap for my short bed tacoma. Is the extra head room really worth it in a high-rise cap? or do regular caps do the job just as well?

Tough call to make for someone else. Personally I wouldn't feel the need to go beyond Cab High and I don't sell a ton of them- when I do it is usually for hunters and older dudes who are gonna be spending a lot of time inside of there. I'm ok crunching over a little bit in the back of mine getting in and out of bed but some people want more space. We sell probably 10 cab-highs for every one model with extended headroom at my shops but the people who like them sure seem hellbent on having nothing else.

Get the high rise ...more head room! ..plus more carrying space!
I have the Leer camper high rise...looks nice too..compare to regular...those 3inches makes a huge difference loading taller loads / stacked..

Be sure to order the back window for the camper ..(against the cab)...is removable..to clean outside windows of camper and rear windows outside truck.....worth the extra $130.00 plus cost!!!
Makes cleaning the windows EASY!
mine also had sliding middle window ...to match trucks sliding window...if someone is in the camper...pass thing back and forth between cab and camper...
Aloha
Removeabe rear camper window..should be standard..for all campers!

Back