• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

3rd gen big brake upgrades? (Powerbrake X1 install)

So I have a question about the rear disc conversion.
If you do the conversion, dont you have to change the proportioning valve for the brakes also?

im chewing through front and rear brakes (Both only last 15-20K miles right now) so I need to do what you did for the BBK in front...working on a rear disc conversion for the rear since those seem to not last either.

Excited for your writeup! Ive been eyeing the powerstop brakes for years now, but the new powerbrake setup you have looks amazing!
So many things I still have to do including this writeup and one for my @ARCHIVE hangers.

Has anyone installed this? Looks like Power brake made a "mini me".

It is expensive comparably speaking, but this is one of those areas I would be okay spending more for improved performance and safety.

1687175975435.png

Has anyone installed this? Looks like Power brake made a "mini me".

It is expensive comparably speaking, but this is one of those areas I would be okay spending more for improved performance and safety.

1687175975435.png

I think this is a relatively new kit so probably not many people with it. Also probably the most expensive standard size rotor and pad setup you can get lol so that might turn people away. But I haven't heard anything but happy reviews about their big brake kit so I can only imagine this kit is solid especially if you add some steel braided brake lines as well. I'm in need of brakes so now I've been tempted lol. If you're not ready for or don't really need a big brake kit, but are okay with spending some money, I bet this would be solid.

Well I moved to a place that has steep hill and a few months later my brakes are toast. So I ordered the Powerbrake kit. It’s painful but hope it helps me a ton!

Well I moved to a place that has steep hill and a few months later my brakes are toast. So I ordered the Powerbrake kit. It’s painful but hope it helps me a ton!
Big ballers out here buying $2500 brakes and I keep running a tab of tchotkes and trinkets. I'm poor. Adopt me pls.

Back