• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Recall 3rd brake light

black_taco

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Has anyone one across this or had the fix done?
C30F0991-E020-4502-9111-379863B02D4D.jpeg

Got mine scheduled for October 7th with the dealer! Not having problems with leakage but they're offering a fix so we'll take it!

Upvote 0
No issues here either. But nothing wrong with preventing an issue before it happens.
Absolutely! Service manager said if they find NO leak they put a sealant on the gasket. If they DO find a leak then the whole light assembly is replaced.

Upvote 0
I had the “fix” done last week. Friend of mine is a Toyota tech so was back BSing with him while he did it. It’s 3M 4000 adhesive/sealant in the gap and a stick on bezel to cover it.
Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0
Received my “Remedy Notice” in the mail today. States, “this program will be offered until April 30, 2025…”.

Attachments

• D8C4E883-F8C9-4EB0-8AF8-9C5569EE1628.jpeg
    D8C4E883-F8C9-4EB0-8AF8-9C5569EE1628.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Mine was supposed to be done today. I brought it in, waited for almost 3 hours only for them to tell me they won't do it until all the silicone I had put is cleaned. Otherwise they'd charge me 130 to clean it. I'm a little mad coz they were apparently waiting 3 hours for snow and water to dry off. They could've easily looked at it as soon as they got it and told me to come back after I cleaned it all.

Advice: if you put silicone around the light, clean it before wasting time to go in. Unless your dealership is willing to remove it.

Upvote 0
Mine was scheduled, but ended up getting rescheduled. I need to get it in, but my dealer refused to give me a loaner vehicle. Guess I'll be finding a new dealer.

Upvote 0
Mine was scheduled, but ended up getting rescheduled. I need to get it in, but my dealer refused to give me a loaner vehicle. Guess I'll be finding a new dealer.
It didn't take long for me when they actually started working on it. An hr tops.

I haven't had any dealership allow me to have a rental any time I've had a recall.

Upvote 0
It didn't take long for me when they actually started working on it. An hr tops.

I haven't had any dealership allow me to have a rental any time I've had a recall.
While I'm not one to complain, buttttt my dealer said they'd need my truck all day to complete this recall. I didn't figure me requesting a loaner for an all day quote was unreasonable.

Upvote 0
While I'm not one to complain, buttttt my dealer said they'd need my truck all day to complete this recall. I didn't figure me requesting a loaner for an all day quote was unreasonable.
Reasonable if they said all day

Upvote 0
I had no idea this was a recall until I scheduled my fuel pump the service for my fuel pump. I have a camper shell on my truck so I opted to not have it done. I’ve honestly checked it a few times since owning the truck. I had an 04-08 f150 previously and those were notorious for leaking as mine did numerous times even after a fox from the dealership. I believe i used the RTV sealant and that ended all the problems.

Upvote 0
I had the recall notice too…. Thank you for mention , if NOT leaking , Toyota uses a sealant….

I have a Leer camper. .. not a easy thing to remove (6 ft bed). Just to replace the light fixture…but from what I see…the Sealant may work for work for situations if housing is NOT leaking?

I am surprised how many of you did have leaks…that posted here…I am guessing it is a huge problem for Tacoma owners…

I did see a jeep truck with the Third brake light mounted on the Tailgate….instead of the truck roof…that is an “idea?.

You can add many more brake lights…. But too many drivers are too distracted…by cell phones…etc
I like the auto-stop on the front…for those who have it….

Vehicles are getting SMARTER…. Just that people are getting …dummer…lol

The Hawaiian word for your rear end is “OKELE”. Like the OKELE seat covers…

Always watch for your “OKELE” …always protect your. “S”….

Upvote 0
My cab is leaking from the passenger side airbag seam and handle seam. Just noticed it yesterday during a slight shower. Bought the truck with 29K on it and not sure break light was replaced before I purchased truck. Any experience with this being a problem after the 36K deadline? Can I tell if it was replaced? Did see recall link above and seems simple enough to see but Just seeing if anymore experience since the last post.

Upvote 0
I had the recall notice too…. Thank you for mention , if NOT leaking , Toyota uses a sealant….

I have a Leer camper. .. not a easy thing to remove (6 ft bed). Just to replace the light fixture…but from what I see…the Sealant may work for work for situations if housing is NOT leaking?

I am surprised how many of you did have leaks…that posted here…I am guessing it is a huge problem for Tacoma owners…

I did see a jeep truck with the Third brake light mounted on the Tailgate….instead of the truck roof…that is an “idea?.

You can add many more brake lights…. But too many drivers are too distracted…by cell phones…etc
I like the auto-stop on the front…for those who have it….

Vehicles are getting SMARTER…. Just that people are getting …dummer…lol

The Hawaiian word for your rear end is “OKELE”. Like the OKELE seat covers…

Always watch for your “OKELE” …always protect your. “S”….
Okole not okele

Upvote 0
Back