WHEELS/TIRES 35” tires on stock OR wheels (photos inside!)

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tyler

✓ • Paragon
Badministrator
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Just wondering what your lift higth is? I’ve got a DCLB and think it doesn’t look very “balanced” with a 3 inch on 285s and yours looks amazing.
My lift height has changed a lot due to various tweaks and added weight. But here are my most recent measurements:

D65FE23B-D708-477C-956D-AFA5C6479214.jpeg

jordanfos56

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
jordan
T3G Member
#7,703
so what lift kit are you ru8nning exactly. im looking at putting a 3 inch kit and WAS WONDERING IF THE 35S WILL FIUT ON STOCK WHEELS WITH A 3 INCH LIFT KIT.(wheel spacers will be installed)

Tyler

✓ • Paragon
Badministrator
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
so what lift kit are you ru8nning exactly. im looking at putting a 3 inch kit and WAS WONDERING IF THE 35S WILL FIUT ON STOCK WHEELS WITH A 3 INCH LIFT KIT.(wheel spacers will be installed)
In those photos I had Icon adjustable coil overs in the front. I had them cranked about to about 3” of lift. In the rear I had Icon remote resi shocks with Dakar HD leaf springs. Those springs being heavy duty and me not having anything in the bed of the truck gave me about 4” of lift in the rear.

You can run 35s with a 3” kit. You need wheel spacers in the front but not the rear. Doing that will have the front and rear tires at a very similar width. You should probably have aftermarket upper control arms, though not necessary.

You will need a cab mount chop and might need to cut some plastic too. But that depends on how much rubbing you want to avoid. I wheeled the truck so I cut as much as I could but if you only intend to stay on the street the rubbing won’t be as noticeable.

Tyler

✓ • Paragon
Badministrator
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
jordanfos56 here is a photo where the lift isn’t as high because of added weight.

6C06ABD2-431E-4EF3-B7F3-B1BCA5D2E212.jpeg
FE0CD461-9FF1-4F15-9418-4F1C298C6C06.jpeg

Tyler

✓ • Paragon
Badministrator
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member

Tacosurf

✓ • Silver
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#5,519
Hey if you can put five people on a motorcycle doing 65 in Malaysia you can put 35s on stock wheels.🤪🤣

Tacomadad18

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Color
Barcelona Red
Truck Grade
SR5
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#2,122
Look up Tacomadad18 think he did something with pizza cutters and no chop.

You won’t rub as bad but you will still rub. With stock bumps I rubbed inner fender (metal) if you had beefier bumps, probably wouldn’t rub there because it was every so slight.

Cmc is still needed and pinchweld needs to be flattened. There’s no way around it, these trucks do not like big tires.

I’m sitting here on 37s and had to tub firewall, basically relocate cab mount, run no fender liners. Only thing that makes it worth it is.... I hardly drive the truck. Back and forth to the grocery store once a week and to the offroad park lol

Top Bottom