• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

35” spare question…

Papoh

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering if someone would be able to guide me in the right direction. I wanted to know if I am able to run a narrow 34” tire for a spare or does it have to be same width. I know height has to be the same but cannot find a clear answer. I plan on cramming it in the spare tire location so I want as much clearance as possible just in case to be able to get me out of a bind

Diameter is more important, you can run narrow spare but use it only temporarily.

Yeah the whole thing is.. I don’t want a 35x12.5 under there it has a bunch of under hanging I can get 2” more clearance by running a x10.5 it would be much better imo. But wasn’t sure if width mattered the same way that diameter did

Yeah the whole thing is.. I don’t want a 35x12.5 under there it has a bunch of under hanging I can get 2” more clearance by running a x10.5 it would be much better imo. But wasn’t sure if width mattered the same way that diameter did
Fitting a 10.5" would require the same massaging of metal to make fit.

Tada! In that space you'd be more concerned about the diameter than the width, since there's room since it has to drop.

Back