• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

3” front & 1” rear level

Leveling kit but gives little bit of squat look

• Total voters

3gVinsidousTRD

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Silver Sky
Hey what’s up guys I’m new to the taco world and have so far been loving it... it’s time to get a little bit of ground clearance and add little bit of an aggressive look. I’ve been looking around and watching plenty YouTube and I’m still undecided about what front / rear ratio of leveling spacers to go with. I mainly want to eliminate the ugly front rake that trucks naturally have and raise the truck all around but have a nice little squat in the rear. I plan to change the UCA and add the diff drop along with the spacers and eventually add bigger tires with off-road wheels. I mainly drive streets as I use it mostly just to take my ?groms around and every now and then I take her out to see some terrain (nothing crazy) so I don’t need something that’s gonna break my wallet but I’d like something that isn’t gonna break or break my truck in the long run lol. Could really use some help and insight on choosing (3”front, 1”rear) or (3”front, 2”rear) or (2”front, 1”rear). Also thought 2” or 3” front but leaving the rear factory, is 3” too much for that? Will the squat be ridiculous and look ugly? If anyone is running these leveling specs I’d love to see some pictures. Please make use of the poll, Thanks in advance!

You wont need a diff drop at any of those heights. I say stay 2" front to prevent "need" of getting aftermarket UCAs and lets you spend a little more coin on a better riding front lift choice. If you haul around the groms, despite them not weighing much, I would leave a little bit of rake in to prevent being nose high when loaded up. Don't need to stink bug, but a little rake is good. hth

I agree with the 2" suggestion. You asked if the squat would be ridiculous and ugly. That look isn't for me but if you are specifically trying to achieve that look, you'd probably have it with a 2" lift in just the front. Just know that the squat will be much more drastic with a few hundred pounds in the bed, and since you said you want to haul your bikes, you may want to avoid this altogether.

Back