• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2wd-4wd change failure

CGpatman

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Frazier Park, can.// Top of the*Grapevine*
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
I just replaced the front diff ADD unit 3rd one! the 1st 2 were Chinese knockoffs both crap. And the 3rd one is a genuine oem part after replacing the unit I tested 4 wheel drive system everything was great clear down to 4lo w/mts system function check. 30 minutes later I went to utilise 4 wheel drive system And received 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive change failure.. Here's my question what are troubleshooting steps to go from your transfer case to your front diff something I can do without a multimeter if possible and also code clearances for the issue how do I do so without a OBD metre unit.

Back