• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

285s w/ 2inch lift and stock ucas wheel specs

Tacodile

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I will be lifting my truck soon about 2 inches and keeping the stock ucas. Yes I know ucas will help with alignment.
I want to run black rhino arsenal wheels in a 16x8. The backspacing is 5.11 and the offset is -10 . My question is will this rub the uca's or causing and bad rubbing due to the larger backspacing?
I have read that offset between 0 and -10 works well with a 4.5 backspacing.
I don't mind doing a cmc but uca rub sucks.
Screenshot_20200715-123015.png

Hey guys,
I will be lifting my truck soon about 2 inches and keeping the stock ucas. Yes I know ucas will help with alignment.
I want to run black rhino arsenal wheels in a 16x8. The backspacing is 5.11 and the offset is -10 . My question is will this rub the uca's or causing and bad rubbing due to the larger backspacing?
I have read that offset between 0 and -10 works well with a 4.5 backspacing.
I don't mind doing a cmc but uca rub sucks.
Screenshot_20200715-123015.png

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this will rub uca. 5.11 is a lot and there’s not much room as it is when you go to a 285

I still run stock ucas on 35s but I do run a spacer

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this will rub uca. 5.11 is a lot and there’s not much room as it is when you go to a 285

I still run stock ucas on 35s but I do run a spacer
Are you lifted 2 inch as well and what size wheel spacer? Also what’s your offset?

Last edited:
Are you lifted 2 inch as well and what size wheel spacer? Also what’s your offset?

Oh man lol I don’t know the wheel specs because I got them used. I haven’t had the time to check yet.

2.5” (roughly) lift 6112s on top notch, lean spacer on drivers side. Block in the back (yeah I know lol) stock leaf pack. Sas soon so it’ll all get ripped out anyway

1.25” wheel spacer.

Tires are 35 10.5 17

Oh man lol I don’t know the wheel specs because I got them used. I haven’t had the time to check yet.

2.5” (roughly) lift 6112s on top notch, lean spacer on drivers side. Block in the back (yeah I know lol) stock leaf pack. Sas soon so it’ll all get ripped out anyway

1.25” wheel spacer.

Tires are 35 10.5 17
Did you have to cab mount chop or any other trimming? Reason I ask is because I have about 2 inch lift, 0 offset wheels, 1.25 spacer and tires are 265/70/17. Once these tires are done I would like to go to a 285, atleast 275.

Did you have to cab mount chop or any other trimming? Reason I ask is because I have about 2 inch lift, 0 offset wheels, 1.25 spacer and tires are 265/70/17. Once these tires are done I would like to go to a 285, atleast 275.

I did do a cab mount chop and pinchweld fold. I did a video on it on my YouTube. Too many people cut and fold their pinchweld and there’s no reason to.

I think 285s will require the pinchweld fold and cmc. I could be wrong though, I went from 265 to 35s.

Back