• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

285/75r/16 upgrade questions

haas.evan

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.evanhaasphotography.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Inferno
I've recently got a '17 DCLB TRD Off Road and want to move up to a 285/75r/16 wheel size. What are some recommended lifts, with or without cutting, that will allow me to run this tire size?

I'm currently running 265/70r/16 with stock suspension.

-Thanks

I would say depends on budget and how much you plan on going off-road if at all. Do you have a high budget that you don’t mind buying the really good expensive stuff and then are you off-roading somewhat consistent or even on the occasion? And then what are your future plans on the truck like will you do a cap/bumpers/rooftop tent?

I live in Montana so I'd like to be able to tackle some chunky forest roads if need be, however this truck is still intended to be my daily driver. The intent is to put a steel front bumper with winch (weight should be about 240 lbs extra) and a bed rack on the back. In regards to budget I was looking for something mid range ideally not more that $2500ish.

So you would want to get some adjustable front coilovers with a 700 pound spring for the bumpers and with a bed rack I'd say a dakaar heavy duty leaf pack would be enough (maybe even just an add a leaf would be fine if you don't load it too heavy) but if you are doing a rear bumper as well then heavy duty leaf pack with add a leaf. Upper control arms are also important I went with the expensive ones that are icon delta joints but I don't have any experience with others (but I have a friend who will never touch spc). Icon front coilovers with the 700 pound spring and rear shock would honestly be my go to with your budget (also the upper control arms.) they have a kit that has it with a leaf pack too. http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...a-0-275-suspension-system-stage3-tubular.html

So you would want to get some adjustable front coilovers with a 700 pound spring for the bumpers and with a bed rack I'd say a dakaar heavy duty leaf pack would be enough (maybe even just an add a leaf would be fine if you don't load it too heavy) but if you are doing a rear bumper as well then heavy duty leaf pack with add a leaf. Upper control arms are also important I went with the expensive ones that are icon delta joints but I don't have any experience with others (but I have a friend who will never touch spc). Icon front coilovers with the 700 pound spring and rear shock would honestly be my go to with your budget (also the upper control arms.) they have a kit that has it with a leaf pack too. http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop...a-0-275-suspension-system-stage3-tubular.html
Can anyone think of a site where people who ask a very reasonable question get shit on instead of a genuine response like this?

Back