• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

275 or 285 size tires without CMC

406_taco

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post time I guess.
I am currently in the market for new wheels and tires for my 2019 TRD Off-road, and it seems clear that 265 75 R16's will fit on stock suspension. With that said, would a 275 75 or a 285 75 sized tire fit in the wheel well if I were to cut my front bumper, stuff the plastic, and get new UCA's to push the caster forward? In theory with a big enough negative offset wheel (to clear the UCA's) it should be possible right? That way there wouldn't be any rubbing on the cab mount or on the front plastic. Are there any other rubbing points to worry about? I'm still brand new to this and wanted to be sure of my options before I spent the money. A lift in my future is not out of the question but I want the big tire look enough to do some extra work now. Thanks for the help.

I can't say first hand because I got tires well after lift but a lot of people say you can get a 33 if you go for skinnys the 255/85r16 it fits stock lift, but again don't know from first hand experience. I've seen people push some beefer tires with a cmc and heating and bending the plastic in the wheel well.

For 285/75r16, if you get the aftermarket UCAs, cut the bumper where needed, do a cab mount chop and flatten the pinch weld above it, and have some aftermarket wheels or spacers with your stock wheels, the truck should be completely driveable with no rubbing or little rubbing at full flex or while reversing at full turn. 255/75r16, which are about the same height but skinnier, will definitely not rub like this, nor will the 275/75s.

I've got 285/70/17 with TRD rims 1" wider than stock (thanks FN wheels) and have no rubbing. 3" lift. Stock UCA. No spacers.

It's a pre-packaged lift from Low Range Offroad. Believe it's called their Stage 1.5 3" lift kit. Drop in Bilstein coilovers up front, and an add-a leaf in the rear with Bilsteins as well. I didn't get the extended rear brake lines and saved a few bucks.

Last edited:
It's a pre-packaged lift from Low Range Offroad. Believe it's called their Stage 1.5 3" lift kit. Drop in Bilstein coilovers up front, and an add-a leaf in the rear with Bilsteins as well. I didn't get the extended rear brake lines and saved a few bucks.
Just be careful at full droop. Stock lines are kind of short and will pull.

Yep, tracking all. One of those things I keep needing to buy, but end up with a bed rack and RTT instead...

i am running 285/75/16 with a icon stage 3 supsension and 1&1/4" wheel spacers. i had to do the cmc (i didnt take it back enough though and still have rubbing)

Back