• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

'21 Midnight Black Pro - Westcott lift/33s

Snow Squall

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 Pro DCSB Manual
Midnight Black
My 2021 Pro 6MT with the Westcott PRO lift kit and 285/75/16 Falken Wildpeaks. I got one of the new Pros coming out that have the OR decals on the back, lol.

taco1.jpg
taco2.jpg

Really nice! Looks great. I would be interested to hear how you think the ride is affected (if at all) with that lift.

Nice truck. Like the ride of your westcott lift?
So far so good - I don't feel anything funky going on in 100 pavement miles including interstate...feels solid. I never did measurements, but with everything together including the higher diameter tires, I think this amount it is raised is every bit of 3 inches at this point (I'm deliberately not calling it lifted bc I don't know if tires count in that respect). The UCAs look like they are at their limit, but if they go early bc of the new geometry, I'll just upgrade. Not a biggie IMO.

Really nice! Looks great. I would be interested to hear how you think the ride is affected (if at all) with that lift.
Thanks! Again, feels good. Looks great IMO... not a bad complimentary lift for ~$400. It's likely too early to recommend it, but I recommend it lol. It's weird... in these pictures, it almost looks like even those 285s might be too small, but in real life, I think it's perfect.

I have the 6MT, and I do notice the 6th gear has limitations now due to the heavier tire and increased diameter. This is felt on 2 short moderate grades on the interstate here in West Virginia where I can no longer accelerate on them when ascending the hill... the speed can only be held. Of course, the large diameter tires has also lengthened the gears a little bit. We all know this is a high revving engine, and the 6MT is more comfortable shifting around 3-3.5k RPMs. But that takes 2nd gear to around 33-35mph and 3rd easily to 50+mph without getting ridiculous in the engine speed. I do like that part of it, but again, the cost is little acceleration available in 6th.

My speedometer is also now off by about 2.5mph at 70mph, but I expected that. I know there are a couple of kits, but nah.

So far so good - I don't feel anything funky going on in 100 pavement miles including interstate...feels solid. I never did measurements, but with everything together including the higher diameter tires, I think this amount it is raised is every bit of 3 inches at this point (I'm deliberately not calling it lifted bc I don't know if tires count in that respect). The UCAs look like they are at their limit, but if they go early bc of the new geometry, I'll just upgrade. Not a biggie IMO.

Thanks! Again, feels good. Looks great IMO... not a bad complimentary lift for ~$400. It's likely too early to recommend it, but I recommend it lol. It's weird... in these pictures, it almost looks like even those 285s might be too small, but in real life, I think it's perfect.

I have the 6MT, and I do notice the 6th gear has limitations now due to the heavier tire and increased diameter. This is felt on 2 short moderate grades on the interstate here in West Virginia where I can no longer accelerate on them when ascending the hill... the speed can only be held. Of course, the large diameter tires has also lengthened the gears a little bit. We all know this is a high revving engine, and the 6MT is more comfortable shifting around 3-3.5k RPMs. But that takes 2nd gear to around 33-35mph and 3rd easily to 50+mph without getting ridiculous in the engine speed. I do like that part of it, but again, the cost is little acceleration available in 6th.

My speedometer is also now off by about 2.5mph at 70mph, but I expected that. I know there are a couple of kits, but nah.
Looks great! I have those wheels and was planning on using them the same way you did. Did you have to do a wheel spacer? Do you know how many inches you went up with the lift? I have the OR so it might be a little different from the TRD shock set up but this is the look I want as well.

Looks great! I have those wheels and was planning on using them the same way you did. Did you have to do a wheel spacer? Do you know how many inches you went up with the lift? I have the OR so it might be a little different from the TRD shock set up but this is the look I want as well.
Thanks!

Well, I think the consensus of the stock Pro setup is around one inch, then the kit adds another inch and a half or so I think. Then the 33s add to the overall height.

I'm in the anti spacer club, but that is just me.

Just an update after about 5k miles with the Westcott lift -

Highly recommended. No noticeable driving/ride issues at all. Perfect enhancement for the stock Pro setup.

Now I need someone to help me with the accumulator delete mod for this manual.

Nice. Ordered mine last week. Thanks for the update.

Nice. Ordered mine last week. Thanks for the update.
You'll love it, for sure.

I will say this, though... Adding the lift necessitated the 33s, and you really feel the power hit in 5th and 6th gears. I have a boat to tow every once in a while and need to run it in 4th on the highway.

I had 33's on my 2016...totally get ya. :)

I'm in the process of purchasing a land cruiser, it'll be my tow vehicle.

Thanks!

Well, I think the consensus of the stock Pro setup is around one inch, then the kit adds another inch and a half or so I think. Then the 33s add to the overall height.

I'm in the anti spacer club, but that is just me.
So, I ended up going with this. I knew I wanted to use these wheels so when I saw you did and I liked the look I rolled with it and couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• 443CD0C2-EFCA-4878-A04C-093CB2E8AB52.jpeg
    443CD0C2-EFCA-4878-A04C-093CB2E8AB52.jpeg
    809.3 KB · Views: 175
  • CD727E52-D3DC-4E80-88DC-81B148B491B3.jpeg
    CD727E52-D3DC-4E80-88DC-81B148B491B3.jpeg
    731.3 KB · Views: 130
Back