• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2023 VS 2024

Side by side comparisons are a "true view" of changes.
Disc brake add is good but electric e brake add is bad.
The 3" wider promotion talk is in the wheel offset not in the suspension make-up, so no ground clearance gains.
I4 vs losing the V6 ,.. not a fan
Heck of an addition in electrical components in an off-road vehicle,..... not a fan again.
Rear window slider is smaller which is a strange move.
Longer wheelbase and a lower frame are not a plus for an off-road vehicle.
Great move keeping the M6!

I like the 3rd Gen,... some will like the newer 4th Gen,...... hope the growing bugs are few but experience says no.

I’m anxious to see/hear how the 4th Gen performs.

Still wish I had my 83.
Still holding their value!
1686775337157.png

1686775389985.png

1686775460611.png

This sounds a bit "Tech-O"
The 2024 MT6 (Manual Transmission) will have "rev-matching" and "anti-stall" built into the system.
SO,... manual is not so "manual" anymore.

Last edited:
Just for the record before the NEW trucks come out.

My 2022 MT will allow you to set the cruise control at the desired speed and you can "shift gears" without it disengaging.
It does not rev when you push the clutch in,
It simply uses less throttle if you shift up a gear and advance the throttle if you shift down a gear. To keep the speed the same as set.

I must admit it is a bit strange getting use to,...but useful if needed on elevation changes.
Smart truck, yes ...... but not over the hills with the "Tech-O" :cool:

Also for the record: I think the 2024 will start production in December?

My dealer said they will start receiving them in April '24
He is kinda pissed as "so far" they have not issued any allocation amounts or the ability to pre-order.
He does not even know what colors he will get,........... not a happy guy as everyday people ask.

Side by side comparisons are a "true view" of changes.
Disc brake add is good but electric e brake add is bad.
The 3" wider promotion talk is in the wheel offset not in the suspension make-up, so no ground clearance gains.
I4 vs losing the V6 ,.. not a fan
Heck of an addition in electrical components in an off-road vehicle,..... not a fan again.
Rear window slider is smaller which is a strange move.
Longer wheelbase and a lower frame are not a plus for an off-road vehicle.
Great move keeping the M6!

I like the 3rd Gen,... some will like the newer 4th Gen,...... hope the growing bugs are few but experience says no.
Not a fan at all on the new '24 model. Was excited for the unveil and was disappointed in many changes but the turbo/hybrid powertrain was the biggest let down to me. Looks like '23 model is everyone's last chance at getting a "normal-old fashioned" truck.

Back