• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2023 Availability in 2024

JOE TACO

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Currently saving up for down payment on a 2023 Tacoma I want to specifically build for dealer allocation. I’m also paying payments on my wife’s car, and won’t pull the trigger on the Tacoma until it is paid off in about a year. Will I still have this option on the 2023 at that time, or will it be too late? I don’t want a 2024.

New 2024 Tacoma's will arrive in full trim availability by March-April at most dealerships.
A few dealerships MAY see a few as early as December -January but these will be very few and Trims are not known.

The 2023 line is soon to stop, lot availability is low as buyer demand is definitely on the rise.
As you are not the only one to NOT want a 2024 NEW version. Just stating the facts here.

If at all possible, you should see if you could "build" (if allowed) your Tacoma now as it is sure to take a moment in time to arrive.
Option 1 If you go to a personal banker, you may be able to do a "payoff" on your wife's car and add it to the new Tacoma payment plan.

Not rocket science for a banker by any means. Explain your situation and if you have a good credit history there should not be a problem.
Option 2 is to simply pay off her car with a personal loan and start over with a new truck loan.

I would not hope for a new 2023 model in 2024,.... you might however get a good 2023 USED after it is traded in on a 2024,.... that will happen at many dealers.
People that trade cars in every year are abundant
, as it is habit.
As there is always lease vehicles,..... but they will be USED as well and that is a case-to-case basis on the luck of the draw on how "used the are".

Currently saving up for down payment on a 2023 Tacoma I want to specifically build for dealer allocation. I’m also paying payments on my wife’s car, and won’t pull the trigger on the Tacoma until it is paid off in about a year. Will I still have this option on the 2023 at that time, or will it be too late? I don’t want a 2024.

agreed, it is also possible that one a lot like you want may be in allocation to a stealership near you

I went to the Toyota website and searched for mine to find out which dealerships were getting the color/trim I was most interested in

i decided to buy in Jan '23 but wanted to find a "leftover" '22 in army green which they discontinued after 2022. i was looking only for that specific color so it may not be a good gauge, but i did not find one anywhere in the country. not a lot of used either.

Back