• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! 2022 Entertainment System

Freebird

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.venturerider.org
2022 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
OK...let me see if I can explain this issue. I have a 2022 Tacoma TRD Off Road. It is fully loaded and I love it but have noticed an issue that doesn't seem right to me. It has Apple CarPlay and I like that a lot. I don't always use it though, especially if it's just a quick trip. Yesterday, I had to go to an address that I wasn't familiar with. I didn't hook up the CarPlay but just used my iPhone for directions. So it wasn't plugged in so CarPlay wasn't active. The phone was connected to the stereo via Bluetooth however. So the issue is, in this setup, every time my phone would give me voice prompts for turns and etc., the message "outgoing call" would pop up on Toyota screen. It would show "Call to"....myself. Then it would give the voice prompt from my iPhone maps for my next turn. Every time I get a voice prompt for directions, it would show up as a call to myself on the Toyota screen.

Has anybody else seen this happening?

It’s normal for it to show the call to yourself on your head unit when using maps over Bluetooth. It’s actually been that way for years. Not sure the reason behind it all or if it’s an Apple thing or Toyota thing.

You can look at the options on the Toyota screen,.....
I do not use car play but there is something in the option list under audio that will stop interruptions.
It may stop your ability to use the phone,.... I do not know but it stops "voice prompts" and alike.

Personally, I do not use the phone in the vehicle, too much tech in one place can cause "confusion" with them
AKA "crashing" in the good ole days :cool: ...........would hate to have to reboot the truck!

Thanks folks. I'm sure it did the same thing in my '18 then but I rarely connected the bluetooth in it. Glad to find out that it's just the way it is. I like the Apple Car Play but am not crazy about using the phone over they system. I've find that people have a hard time hearing me.

Thanks folks. I'm sure it did the same thing in my '18 then but I rarely connected the bluetooth in it. Glad to find out that it's just the way it is. I like the Apple Car Play but am not crazy about using the phone over they system. I've find that people have a hard time hearing me.
When you’re on a Bluetooth call there’s an option on the call screen of the headunit to adjust the mic sensitivity. At least there is one on my basic headunit in my 18

Yes, I looked at that. It was one notch from being all the way up. I turned it the rest of the way up but doubt it will help a lot. We'll see.

Have you "trained" the voice recognition yet?
It may help with adjusting to your voice pitch and tone.

I would do it with the engine running a/c on low and just you in the truck in a quiet area.
It does have a noise filter.

The mic is in a weird spot,
Being above your head it's not getting the best sound delivery for sure.

Last edited:
Back