• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2022 DCLB lift guidance

Woad

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello, my 21 order just got turned into a 22 with the delays. Got a DCLB Trd sport 4x4 in lunar rock coming in!
I’ve been reading non stop and feel close to making my decision!

my goals are roughly 2” lift and as nice on road comfort as possible. I don’t love the price or the maintenance required at low miles of the king/fox.

The bilstein 6112 front and 5160 rear with icon aal seems to be a really popular choice here for my goals. Does that seem to be a good choice?

At 2” of lift I think it has to be on level 5 clip, people seem to say it gets pretty bumpy and choppy that high?

What tire size can I comfortable get in there? I don’t want to cmc or remove to much plastic. My last tacoma I did that in, and always hear wind whistling in my cut fender liner and drove me nuts!

You can fold the punch weld and retain the fender liner without modifying it. I think the 6112/5160 is the way to go.
5100's should work out well too if you want cheaper. 887/888 or Dobinsons has a higher lift spring.

I'm on 5100/887+Icon AAL now. Switching to 6112/5160 because of weight. I'll be going 6/5 and adding the overload spring back into the rear.

You can fold the punch weld and retain the fender liner without modifying it. I think the 6112/5160 is the way to go.
5100's should work out well too if you want cheaper. 887/888 or Dobinsons has a higher lift spring.

I'm on 5100/887+Icon AAL now. Switching to 6112/5160 because of weight. I'll be going 6/5 and adding the overload spring back into the rear.

Thanks for the info!

The 6112 just make me nervous, the more i read up the more people aren't happy at the 6/5 setting to give them 2" of lift. They all say its insane pre-load and bouncy.. What other options do I have? Put the clips down to 3/2 and put a puck in? install a heavier or different spring and put them down to 3/2?

any insight?

Thanks

Thanks for the info!

The 6112 just make me nervous, the more i read up the more people aren't happy at the 6/5 setting to give them 2" of lift. They all say its insane pre-load and bouncy.. What other options do I have? Put the clips down to 3/2 and put a puck in? install a heavier or different spring and put them down to 3/2?

any insight?

Thanks
The only spring recommended for it is the Bilstein 650lb Spring. That might give you some more lift but it designed for more weight.
Don't think there are other options in that price range. Could maybe do 5/4 or 4/3 and add 1/4" spacers to both sides. From what I've seen it seems most people that don't get 2" on the highest setting don't factor in additional weight. I haven't seen much saying it's choppy/bouncy. Just good feedback. But I'm from lowered and stiff suspension. So I guess we'll see. They seem to be backordered and I'll be waiting a bit for mine. Spoke to a few with the 6112/5160 setup and nothing but good things. Only one guy switched his out, but just to go for 8100. Most of them ran 6/5 or 6/6 with and without spacers. I saw there was an upgraded spring for the 8100, which had a spring packer. Wonder if that would work with the 6112. It looked very minimal. Everyone's experience will vary dependent on previous rides and expectations. Who knows, it might be just right or it won't take long to get used to it. You could just hate it.

I did the 5100/887 without knowing better. Regret it. Why I'm taking the loss and going with the 6112/5160.

Also ReadyLift has this:

Out of stock. But they have their own top mounts that are billet, set for 3". Their top mount has an additional .5" on it.

The only spring recommended for it is the Bilstein 650lb Spring. That might give you some more lift but it designed for more weight.
Don't think there are other options in that price range. Could maybe do 5/4 or 4/3 and add 1/4" spacers to both sides. From what I've seen it seems most people that don't get 2" on the highest setting don't factor in additional weight. I haven't seen much saying it's choppy/bouncy. Just good feedback. But I'm from lowered and stiff suspension. So I guess we'll see. They seem to be backordered and I'll be waiting a bit for mine. Spoke to a few with the 6112/5160 setup and nothing but good things. Only one guy switched his out, but just to go for 8100. Most of them ran 6/5 or 6/6 with and without spacers. I saw there was an upgraded spring for the 8100, which had a spring packer. Wonder if that would work with the 6112. It looked very minimal. Everyone's experience will vary dependent on previous rides and expectations. Who knows, it might be just right or it won't take long to get used to it. You could just hate it.

I did the 5100/887 without knowing better. Regret it. Why I'm taking the loss and going with the 6112/5160.

Also ReadyLift has this:

Out of stock. But they have their own top mounts that are billet, set for 3". Their top mount has an additional .5" on it.

Thanks for the input man! Definately got a few more small things to research.

Back