• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2021 tacoma SR5

jerryf

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
new 2021 tacoma has a shake while driving and worse during braking. Took it to the dealer they cut the front rotors and did a road force balance on all 4 tires. No change. Took it to a second dealer, they said all tires are out of balance (what) . So they did road force balance again and replaced the rear drums. No change. Went back again higher up Toyota reps got involved and they decided to put in a steering damper and stiffer rear leaf springs. Some change, now the shake going down the road is worse, braking still has same shake. none of the shakes are in the steering wheel. Its the type you might get from pinion angle problem. Dealer says they checked pinion angle but they havent given info on what degree angle they had before and after their installs. waiting for their response.

No shake in the steering says its comin from the rear somewhere. Carrier bearing? Driveshaft bent?

Upvote 0
sounds like your dealership should be more involved. did it shake during a test drive. I have never heard of that problem from a Taco. esp a new one. Something is out of whack, and I would be wanting a new truck.

Upvote 0
my research shows lots of this type problem with tacomas i printed out 8 same stories and gave it to the service manager to read. Toyota corporate says i can start a claim to return my truck but i have installed a plow, running boards, hood scoop, mud flaps, raingaurds, hood bug shield. All would have to come off. dont really want to go thru that.

Upvote 0
my research shows lots of this type problem with tacomas i printed out 8 same stories and gave it to the service manager to read. Toyota corporate says i can start a claim to return my truck but i have installed a plow, running boards, hood scoop, mud flaps, raingaurds, hood bug shield. All would have to come off. dont really want to go thru that.
well, if you are going to take stuff off, I would take off all the plow components first, see if that stops the problem

Upvote 0
They have problems with 2 piece drive shafts bouncing, I have 2inch lift on my taco in the rear,I installed 2degree lift blocks and took my vibration away

Upvote 0
Sounds like you will be chasing gremlins forever. Lemon laws are there for a reason. Take advantage of them and move on.

Upvote 0
Back