• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2021 Tacoma-Bought New-Battery Life expectancy?

Happy Trails II

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2021 SR DCSB Auto
White
Just turned 10,000 miles. Have had the Tacoma V6 4 Door for 25 months now.
What OEM battery life are other owners finding? Is it a cheapo that dies after a couple of years, or do they last longer?

I tend to replace batteries with top grade options before they die.

I have never had a battery die in a convenient location. So to prevent the inconvenience of getting stuck somewhere, I just replace them before they die.

On my last truck in installed a top line AGM. Cost about $350 at the time. But when I went looking for one for the Tacoma the mfgr does not have one.
I think the Tacoma battery is a bit non-standard maybe.

Any experience or suggestions from anyone?

Thanks

Batteries are hit and miss in almost all applications. Some have them last 5 years or longer, others replace them far sooner. In Phoenix, I've never had one last 3 years. AGM's are fine, Northstar/X2 and Odyssey are the top dogs there, but if you upgrade to AGM you will need to tune the truck so the alternator puts out a higher voltage to charge them properly.

Upvote 0
My first one died in under a year and I warranty replaced it, I'm still using the replacement 4 ish years later.

Upvote 0
Back