• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro

MikeSnow25

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
Voodoo Blue
Tying to decide if it is worth getting a lift on my TRD Pro. And if so what kind of lift would be best

Attachments

• 20200102_120538.jpg
    20200102_120538.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 76
Not looking for a rock crawling rig. I want 35's and would only put a 3-4in lift. I am take trails almost every weekend and I know the extra height will help with some of the obstacles.

Not looking for a rock crawling rig. I want 35's and would only put a 3-4in lift. I am take trails almost every weekend and I know the extra height will help with some of the obstacles.
Usually Icon and Kings are great choices for a lift like that.

I would like to get kings but aren't they very expensive?
They are the most expensive option, yes. I think you can save money by going Icon and Icon are still a very nice product. Bilsteins are good and cheaper than both, but I’m not sure you can get 4” with one of their kits.

For a Bilstein setup, look here: https://www.headstrongoffroad.com/store/c98/2016__Toyota_Tacoma.html

For Bilstein and pretty much everything else, check out @ROGUE: https://www.rogue-offroad.com/category-s/223.htm

What suspension upgrade would you recommend for a casual offroad enthusiast who may like to experience a bigger trip occasionally? So many stages and options. I don't think I would go enough to appreciate a nice King setup, but I would like to have the option to try something if I was out on a trip for fun and saw an opportunity for some more technical offroading. If I could be any more vague I would lmao. Absolutely clueless on suspension upgrades

What suspension upgrade would you recommend for a casual offroad enthusiast who may like to experience a bigger trip occasionally? So many stages and options. I don't think I would go enough to appreciate a nice King setup, but I would like to have the option to try something if I was out on a trip for fun and saw an opportunity for some more technical offroading. If I could be any more vague I would lmao. Absolutely clueless on suspension upgrades
I would go to that HeadStrong link. On there, configure yourself Bilstein 5100 shocks, OME 887 coils, SPC Light Racing upper control arms, and leaf springs according to the weight you will have on your truck.

I would call that a well performing budget setup for what you need. It’s how I started.

Back