• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2019 TACOMA FUEL PUMP RECALL

Combat Taco

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 SR5 DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
So I just called to schedule my 15k oil service,and was notified of a recall. Apparently my fuel pump went under recall October the 28th. They said Toyota hasn't sent out the parts but when they do it'll be scheduled.Didnt know if anyone else has got this yet,but so far thats what I know.

yup, there's a couple of threads on here discussing the recall. But, to answer your question anyway, there was a first batch of recalls made around March (I think), and Toyota said they wouldn't have the parts ready until September. I was on the first round of recalls and have already had my fuel pump replaced at the beginning of September. The second batch of recalls added more Tacomas to the recall list, and it sounds like the fix for the second batch has cascaded down further into the year.

yup, there's a couple of threads on here discussing the recall. But, to answer your question anyway, there was a first batch of recalls made around March (I think), and Toyota said they wouldn't have the parts ready until September. I was on the first round of recalls and have already had my fuel pump replaced at the beginning of September. The second batch of recalls added more Tacomas to the recall list, and it sounds like the fix for the second batch has cascaded down further into the year.
Wow thank you for the info man,did you notice any difference with the new pump? Wasn't aware of the posts but I'll look.thanks again...

I wasn't on the recall list but my fuel pump went out a couple months ago, at around 20k miles. They replaced it under warranty at least!

Thats crazy,I'm at 15k on the dot myself and nothing so far.suprising since I beat the hell out of it. I wonder atleast if it'll fix the tacoma tick I have if nothing else,appreciate the input yall!

I have a 2021 on order that was built on 10/26. It is now shipping 12/7-12/14, ostensibly because of the fuel pump recall which results in nothing leaving the factory.

I have a 2021 on order that was built on 10/26. It is now shipping 12/7-12/14, ostensibly because of the fuel pump recall which results in nothing leaving the factory.
Damn,talk about a bummer.Still no word for me from toyota but wow I'd be super upset its chillin due to a pump.good luck man

So I just called to schedule my 15k oil service,and was notified of a recall. Apparently my fuel pump went under recall October the 28th. They said Toyota hasn't sent out the parts but when they do it'll be scheduled.Didnt know if anyone else has got this yet,but so far thats what I know.
yes, Just took mine in two weeks ago for recall fuel pump replacement in Alamogordo NM. Be pre-paired to leave it all day for repair. and make sure you try and come in with a 1/8 of a tank of fuel since they have to drop the tank for the fuel pump replacement.
Tim

Interesting! My built was complete and arrived at the dealership on 10/26. I wonder if future recalls will include all released 2021s?

At this n age I roll on F as much as possible.Never know what tmrw will bring haha.Still no word for me except I'm in the batch for recall. Thanks though Tim!

Interesting! My built was complete and arrived at the dealership on 10/26. I wonder if future recalls will include all released 2021s?
Who knows how many of us they'll need to chase down haha

I'm at the Dealership now getting my Fuel Pump replaced, also the 25K service.
I told them to put some NOS on it while they got it back there. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the info,as of now no update on mine but I'll keep the post posted haha

I'm at the Dealership now getting my Fuel Pump replaced, also the 25K service.
I told them to put some NOS on it while they got it back there. :ROFLMAO:
I feel like I need nos and I only have mts for now.really wish they'd make a big boy engine option on these 🌮s. The baby tundra v8 woulda been nice...........

Back