• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2019 SR5 Dual Cab-Fog light r(bulb) emoval.

n2wind2000

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Ive watched SO MANY vid's on fog light bulb removal, it's ridiculous. Crank it counter clockwise about 1/4 turn, and pull out, wallah. Replace, insert, done. Well.....on the 19's theres a stop tab, a little plastic tab on the outer part of the housing, that allows for about an 1/8th of a turn, which is NOT enough to remove it. I "think" my only option at this point is to try to disconnect the connector from the bulb, then remove the bulb. That should give me more freedom to turn without the connector attached to the bulb. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!
This first pic is the housing, the bulb and connector. The arrow shows the stop tab with the bulb (stock) centered.
IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg

This last pic is the bulb turned 1/8 turn counter clockwise, stopped at the stop tab. SHould I cut it?

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's designed not to be able to remove with it connected. Disconnect and it should twist right out

Upvote 0
Back