• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2019 axle replacement

Ednar

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Had a really bad pulsating - vibration in the rear of my 2019 TRD when breaking so I took it in to have it serviced. Here is a list of everything they had to do to it to fix the problem.
20191115_102142.jpg

I noticed the double charges as well, since it was under warranty and didn't cost me anything to have fixed I never questioned it.

Upvote 0
During the 18 & 19 years some Tacoma models were built with bent axles that warp the break drums. Mine was one of those lucky ones. The only way to fix the problem was to replace the rear axle.

Upvote 0
During the 18 & 19 years some Tacoma models were built with bent axles that warp the break drums. Mine was one of those lucky ones. The only way to fix the problem was to replace the rear axle.
Sucks that you got lucky. But at least it was fixed by them.

Upvote 0
Back