• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2017 taco Antifreeze Leak at 32,000 miles

Tontacoma

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Took my 2017 in for warranty work. Guess there is an issue with the Rear Water Bypass Joint leaking Antifreeze. It's under the intake manifold rear passenger side of engine and a pain to get at. Anyone else have this issue? I've been told its popping up a lot.

Attachments

• 20190525_121640.jpg
    20190525_121640.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 680
Just want to keep everyone informed.. Toyota knows of this issue... there is no TSB yet but I'm sure it will happen at some point just keep an eye on your coolant level and if you see it dropping look for leaks before it's to late. It's about a 14hr job I was told according to Toyota. The joint is plastic and there have been defects from factory.

Upvote 0
Mine just failed. The dealer quoted me $2000 to fix. mostly labor. They are checking with Toyota as we speak to help out. Also, my truck just hit 50k miles.

Upvote 0
Whoa.... good looking out. I'll have to keep an eye out as well. Thanks!

Upvote 0
That sucks sorry to hear it.. also if you go under your truck from the passenger side and with a flashlight look up at the back right of the manifold .. if yours is leaking just follow the pink drips filled by a pinkish white powder from it drying. Goodluck

Upvote 0
That sucks sorry to hear it.. also if you go under your truck from the passenger side and with a flashlight look up at the back right of the manifold .. if yours is leaking just follow the pink drips filled by a pinkish white powder from it drying. Goodluck

Upvote 0
Took my 2017 in for warranty work. Guess there is an issue with the Rear Water Bypass Joint leaking Antifreeze. It's under the intake manifold rear passenger side of engine and a pain to get at. Anyone else have this issue? I've been told its popping up a lot.
My 2017 Tacoma Sport with just over 30,000 miles has the same issue. The dealership wants to charge $850 to repair. The seems like a lot and reading the comments it's all labor. Is this a known issue? Asking because my extended warranty does not cover it.

Upvote 0
My 2017 Tacoma Sport with just over 30,000 miles has the same issue. The dealership wants to charge $850 to repair. The seems like a lot and reading the comments it's all labor. Is this a known issue? Asking because my extended warranty does not cover
Curious why the extended warranty company is denying it?

Upvote 0
Back