• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2 in 1 Fog LED DRLs

macattack27

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Hows it goin everyone,

So long story short, I've got the led fogs that have the DRL feature. Ya know, the one where there's a led ring around them. What Im wanting to do is throw a pair of Baja Squadrons there. Question I've been looking for and haven't found yet is how to go about it. I have the LED DRL switch that's obviously connected to my fogs. I'm guessing take them out along with the switch and try to sell the set? Not sure how integrated it is into the wiring. Haven't looked yet but was wondering if anyone had any experience switching these out.

Thanks a ton!

Kind of confused on this... you have a DRL ring from an existing LED fog light that you have. You want to take it apart to get the DRL feature and attach it to the Baja Squadrons so that the DRL ring and the Bajas turn on at the same time?

Upvote 0
Hows it goin everyone,

So long story short, I've got the led fogs that have the DRL feature. Ya know, the one where there's a led ring around them. What Im wanting to do is throw a pair of Baja Squadrons there. Question I've been looking for and haven't found yet is how to go about it. I have the LED DRL switch that's obviously connected to my fogs. I'm guessing take them out along with the switch and try to sell the set? Not sure how integrated it is into the wiring. Haven't looked yet but was wondering if anyone had any experience switching these out.

Thanks a ton!
I'm also confused by this. Do you have a picture of these parts that we can see?

Upvote 0
Ill try to post pictures in a bit. Its a 2 in one led-drl/fog set up. Its a southeast toyota thing apparently. There is a DRL switch in the cab which lights up the led ring around the actual fog and then the led fog itself.

Upvote 0
B1D1EFCF-8EDE-4952-8DF3-A66CA31047C6.jpeg

Upvote 0
The drl switch turns on the led ring, it can be on any time of the day. Led fog (center bulb) is the actual fog light and holds the same principles as any other fog. Opened up the switch panel the other day, saw a relay attached. Have DD SS3 coming soon so I’ll figure out the wiring then.

Upvote 0
Back