SUSPENSION 2.5” daystar kit

• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

stevendobos

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Color
Blazing Blue Pearl
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I just got in the mail a 2.5” daystar kit. I’ve read mixed reviews on it. People hate on daystar because the spacers are “plastic” (actually it’s a polyurethane). I went this route obviously because it’s cheap, and I’ve had daystar spacers before on a dodge diesel and loved them. Also ordered 1.25” spidertrax wheel spacers. The hope is to run 285s on my stock rims. Will update when I get a chance to install it all. Anyone have any experience with a similar setup?

Attachments

• BA4418BF-2738-4286-92B4-15CA714D8FA7.jpeg
    BA4418BF-2738-4286-92B4-15CA714D8FA7.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 87

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I just got in the mail a 2.5” daystar kit. I’ve read mixed reviews on it. People hate on daystar because the spacers are “plastic” (actually it’s a polyurethane). I went this route obviously because it’s cheap, and I’ve had daystar spacers before on a dodge diesel and loved them. Also ordered 1.25” spidertrax wheel spacers. The hope is to run 285s on my stock rims. Will update when I get a chance to install it all. Anyone have any experience with a similar setup?
I've not heard a lot about this kit myself. You might have to be the one to try it and report back for us. When you say cheap, how much was it?

kevinlambchops

✓ • Silver
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I've not heard a lot about this kit myself. You might have to be the one to try it and report back for us. When you say cheap, how much was it?
looks to be ~$140 ish

AZWM Taco

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
? I’d like to hear a report on this too

Jay

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Color
Army Green
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I don’t think people necessarily hate on the fact that they are plastic but the fact that it’s a spacer kit.

stevendobos

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Color
Blazing Blue Pearl
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I agree, it’s a very chinchy way to lift. But I don’t off road, just want a little nicer stance. Mostly my poor Tacoma is worked out of, as I am a career plumber. Also getting married in 6 months so money is a hinge factor at the moment haha.

stevendobos

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Color
Blazing Blue Pearl
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Have been really busy, but hope to install in the next few days and will let everyone know how it goes!

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Have been really busy, but hope to install in the next few days and will let everyone know how it goes!
Looking forward to it. Do you have the 285's yet?

stevendobos

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Color
Blazing Blue Pearl
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Ok y’all I got this kit all installed. So overall I’m really happy with it. The ride quality is dang near the same as stock, maybe just a hair rougher. Instructions were pretty spot on, but I ended up dropping the sway bar to make it easier. Also didn’t remove rear shocks, just slid in blocks, then nudged the rear end in place. I did have the truck aligned afterwards. Looks great, although I haven’t bought the tires yet. They are coming this week. I recommend this setup for sure. I’m sure it’s not a real off-road performance set up, just gives the truck a little better stance. Here is the truck with the daystar kit, and spidertrax wheel spacers.

Attachments

• 26287891-1154-47C8-95B2-70B6D4D2A13B.jpeg
    26287891-1154-47C8-95B2-70B6D4D2A13B.jpeg
    606.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 5D62B2D5-CF92-408F-AD68-E3DAD1ABCBD7.jpeg
    5D62B2D5-CF92-408F-AD68-E3DAD1ABCBD7.jpeg
    682.5 KB · Views: 98

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Ok y’all I got this kit all installed. So overall I’m really happy with it. The ride quality is dang near the same as stock, maybe just a hair rougher. Instructions were pretty spot on, but I ended up dropping the sway bar to make it easier. Also didn’t remove rear shocks, just slid in blocks, then nudged the rear end in place. I did have the truck aligned afterwards. Looks great, although I haven’t bought the tires yet. They are coming this week. I recommend this setup for sure. I’m sure it’s not a real off-road performance set up, just gives the truck a little better stance. Here is the truck with the daystar kit, and spidertrax wheel spacers.
Nice, it does look good.

Catfish

✓ • Diamond
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
been here, done this, I wouldn't reccomend it for offroading for sure. stance yes, especially seeing its a 4x2. good call. I wouldve kept my spacer lift if i didn't go offroading, but i do. I was also being a cheapskate.. but I upgraded and will be upgrading again to my Bilstein 6112/5160 with HD Dakars setup soon enough. ( I Originally wanted a blazing blue taco... )

Malcolm

✓ • Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade
Pro
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
It’s okay OP, I go wheeling every weekend and sometimes during the week and I am not a baby with my TRDPro a 2 inch spacer with a 2” AAL gave me the clearance for my 285’s and I’ve had no rubbing or problems with my shocks. I’m very rough with my truck and some people here can attest and have yet to see any negative effects. Especially since you don’t really wheel, that’s a great option for you.

Looks good! Throw some 285’s on now!

AZWM Taco

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Color
Cement
Truck Grade