• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

19 Tacoma lift and spacers. On a Lease!

Stitchell12

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Got a 2019 off road 4x4. It’s a 3 year lease. I would like to put a lift, spacers and wide tires on her.
I wanna do it on the cheaper side as in gonna take it back to stock after the lease. Looking for the bang for your buck and the diy as much as possible. I do t care who likes it. I’ve got a vision to make me happy and just looking for some advice.

dealers put spacers on the trucks they sell all the time. You can basically modify to your hearts content and just put it back to stock when done. Putting bigger tires now and saving the stock ones till lease turn in would avoid any tire wear and tear charges.

Toyota’s leveling kit, plus some spidertrax spacers would get you what you’re looking for. However, you’ll be limited to 265-75-17’s (~31.5inches or so) due to clearance issues with the fenders and bumpers in the front. You can go taller and wider (285-75-17) or taller and skinnier (255-85-17) If you leave the spacers off the front. But you still may rub a bit.

Toyota’s leveling kit, plus some spidertrax spacers would get you what you’re looking for. However, you’ll be limited to 265-75-17’s (~31.5inches or so) due to clearance issues with the fenders and bumpers in the front. You can go taller and wider (285-75-17) or taller and skinnier (255-85-17) If you leave the spacers off the front. But you still may rub a bit.
I’m looking to go wide tires. I don’t care how the time look. I’m about field results.
seen 3”x 2” lift kits for a couple hundred bucks. Are those diy projects?
also looking for a set of used rims and tires to fit the lug patterns. Any thoughts wher to look? As I said. On a budget. I wanna skate the truck and get wide with spacers.

I’m looking to go wide tires. I don’t care how the time look. I’m about field results.
seen 3”x 2” lift kits for a couple hundred bucks. Are those diy projects?
also looking for a set of used rims and tires to fit the lug patterns. Any thoughts wher to look? As I said. On a budget. I wanna skate the truck and get wide with spacers.
I get the look you are shooting for, but leasing a truck that you have to return stock, running wide wheels that will rub (rubbing = damage your fenders unless you trim = incur damage fees at the end of your lease) isn't a chip shot.

Lift kits on a budget are do it yourself projects if you have the tools 🛠. But they can be costly if you have to go drop $300-$600 on jack stands and wrenches and such.

From reading what you wrote I think I have the best bang for your buck. It’ll be a better ride than your spacer lift and it’ll be better to keep your factory suspension than put the stress of a spacer on it. Bilstein 5100 front and rear
Ome 887/888 and a three piece aal. This is what I started at and it was super smooth. I’ve seen way to many pictures of the factory suspension bent from spacers.

I totally get your vision for customizing your Tacoma to make it your own!
One thing to consider is that DIY is the way to go to save some bucks. Check out online forums and YouTube tutorials for step-by-step guidance. You might find some budget-friendly options for lift kits and spacers that offer good quality without breaking the bank.

When it comes to wider tires, keep in mind that you'll need to ensure they fit within the wheel wells without causing any rubbing or clearance issues. Look for tire options that are suitable for both on-road and off-road use, depending on your driving preferences.
One crucial thing to remember since you're on a lease is that you'll need to return the vehicle to its original state when the lease term ends. This means keeping all the stock parts safely stored, so you can easily swap them back in. By doing so, you'll avoid any potential complications during the lease return process.
If you need any financial advice or assistance with your lease or other matters, I recommend reaching out to a Mortgage Broker in Dewsbury. They specialize in financial services and can provide guidance tailored to your specific needs.

Last edited:
Back