• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

“Super heavy duty” coils?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Does anyone know of a coil that has a weight rating higher than 700 lbs? Or a company that can do custom coils by special request?

Does anyone know of a coil that has a weight rating higher than 700 lbs? Or a company that can do custom coils by special request?
Eibach may have a solution...whats the need for more than 700? You could look at custom valving your shocks as well to handle the new weight, that may be the best option

Eibach may have a solution...whats the need for more than 700? You could look at custom valving your shocks as well to handle the new weight, that may be the best option
My truck with its camper, the armor, winch, all of our gear, and living out of it for 3+ years, needs all the help it can get. I have the rear all set up and I’m boxing the frame. I have the 700s in the front already but they seem like they could use some help.

I honestly have no idea of anyone that makes an over 700 spring. I'm sure they're out there, just not sure who. Time to start calling around and sending emails.

Heavier weighted springs may not be the correct answer your looking for, 700lb springs are already high and ive seen some really loaded rigs running 700lb springs just fine. I would talk to an actual suspension professional like downsouth motorsports, rogue offroad, etc (theres tons out there) about what your correct adjustments should be...my first reaction would be re-valve your shocks with 700lb springs to match the weight you have and see what that does.

Most of your weight is gonna sit in the rear anyway on the vehicle...what are you doing for your leaf spring setup?

Yeah I would definitely look into custom valving like it has been mentioned above. I’ll be going through accutune when I buy my lift and they will tune the suspension properly before sending the kit out. A lot of companies that can tune shocks though so find one you like

Found this on Kings website.....

http://www.kingshocks.com/products/springs/coil-springs-2-5/

You'l obviously need to call them and see if they'll fit your current setup, or require a shock swap.
Wow, good find, thanks!
Heavier weighted springs may not be the correct answer your looking for, 700lb springs are already high and ive seen some really loaded rigs running 700lb springs just fine. I would talk to an actual suspension professional like downsouth motorsports, rogue offroad, etc (theres tons out there) about what your correct adjustments should be...my first reaction would be re-valve your shocks with 700lb springs to match the weight you have and see what that does.

Most of your weight is gonna sit in the rear anyway on the vehicle...what are you doing for your leaf spring setup?
Thanks for the tips. Rear is 1000 lbs springs, airbags and cradles, will do Archive Garage hammer hangers with crossbar, and box frame.

Back