• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wanted WTB: single TRD off-road stock rim

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Hey, so I wanted to get a new tire for my spare and rotate it in with my other tires when I discovered (after I removed and cleaned all the dirt off my spare)...that it's not the same rim. I guess that's why the dealer never rotated it in. What kind of sense does that make? Anyway. I'm putting feelers out for a stock rim I can put a new spare tire on. I have no idea what that would go for but I'm not looking to spend an awful lot. This might be too rich for my blood. I'm seeing them on eBay for what seems like silly prices for what is essentially a cosmetic project.

Last edited:
Spare rims are never the same as the other 4 on your car because they are only meant to be used temporarily. It’s not necessary to put a spare in rotation and it would cost the manufacturer millions to provide a fifth OEM wheel + tire.

I would suggest looking at salvage yards. Won’t save you a ton of money but it will save you more than you’ll find anywhere else.

But IMO there is absolutely zero benefit to rotating in a spare.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that way...

That said, why is the spare "temporary"? The tire is the same as stock AFAICT and the rim looks like a standard steely

Back