• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wrap vs Paint vs Liner

TrojanMan60

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
2016 SR5 DCSB Auto
White
Looking to change up the color of my taco. What is the biggest difference between paint and wraps? I've also been looking into just covering it in a liner, but I've heard mixed reviews. Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

Paint and liner are pricey and permanent.
Wraps are still semi-expensive but not as much as paint. Get tired of a wrap and you can just peel it off.
Also, professionally applied plasti-dip is another route. Around my area it's about half the cost of paint. With a clear coat it's hard to tell it's dipped unless you look really closely.

If I had the money I'd wrap it.

I agree with @jchooley13.

Personally, I’d wrap it. You’ll save some money that way and can always “undo” it or change/add to it in the future. You can get easily get creative with a wrap if you’re doing more than a solid color. It also functions as a way to protect your paint and body to an extent.

I have used plasti dip and I’m not a fan of its durability.

TrailRecon had his Gladiator wrapped in a tasteful way. The Gladiator was red from the factory, but now it’s satin red with some extra flare. It looks great.

2637D1C7-A04B-412E-B94D-79A67C57AFE2.jpeg

Back