• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Woody's Cement Taco

CAWoody

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
I've been "Lurking" on the forum for a while and finally decided it was time to join in. I have been an avid off-roader for about 15 years. I started with an '05 Nissan Xterra I called the Stomper. I had it on 35" tires, 5" lift, Titan Swap, the whole nine yards.
20161009_182018.jpg

It was a great rig and I did everything from rock crawling to overlanding. 14 years and 250,000 miles it was nickel and diming me to death, so it was time to move on to the next project. July 4th weekend 2018, we bought the Cement TRD Off-road and started building our next overland rig. To date we have added many accessories and plan for many more.
DSC_0061.jpg

Exterior Mods:
- Soft tonneau cover on the bed (waste of money)
- White Knuckle sliders
- CBI T4 front bumper (winch to follow)
- Cali Raised ditch lights
- Baja Design light bar in bumper
- Baja Design fog lights
- Off brand leveling kit (Total Chaos arms with Radflo Shock up next)
- Black Rhino Sprocket wheels (18x9.5) with Falken Wildpeak 285/75 R18's
- Obligatory Raptor lights
- Pro-Comp rock lights
Near future:
- High clearance rear bumper
- skid plates
- Overland rack and accessories
- Lights, lights and more lights

Interior Mods:
- Full Katzkin leather interior
- Expedition Essentials T-PAM system
- Switch Pro
- LED overhead lights
- Tacoma Beast foam inserts (Cup holders and Door pockets)
- Seat risers
Near Future:
- HAM Radio
20191019_111722.jpg

20191019_111944.jpg

Since I am way too old for roof-top tents, I built an overland trailer with all of the modern conveniences of home so the wife will go on the trips with me.
DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Don't be fooled by the stocky build. It comes in just over 2,000 lbs loaded. We've been using it for about 6 years and it's been through 5 stated and about 1,500 off-road miles through rocks, rivers and streams, and even through snow. Never had a problem.
Latest adds to the trailer:
- Cooler and cooktop slide
- 10x16 Awning

20210404_123658.jpg

So far the awning has survived 40 mph winds (not bad for homemade).

Welcome, nice truck, nice trailer as well. I'm a pack rat like that as well. I squeeze every inch of my bed. I will go trailer, pull camper as well. I'm too old for the roof top as well.

Back