• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wiring preparation

jjkii

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 SR5 AC Auto
Midnight Black
2017 4x4 black access cab.wiring preparation, trying to find wire diagram so I can understand wiring from alternator to fuse box under hood. This is my first road block, wire from alternator to fuse box to 140 amp fuse, question dose that wire terminate there if not what is the path to the batter from fuse ? The fuse box has me stump would like to see a wire diagram .ps new to the world of wires I think I'm going to like it. Its confusing but I will get a handle on it.

Solution
l believe this is what (attrached photo) l'm looking for. Now I understand the direction the alternator supply current to and from batter . Picture isn't mine and I couldn't get back to were in this maze of information I found it, I think I'm still lost in the maze.
Web site is unreachable, Thank for your reply, my first
That is really weird. I double-checked the URL before I posted and it was working. The site is down for me right now too. Maybe try again in a few days.

When I was wiring up my seat heaters and needed the diagrams (that site above didn't have my year if I recall correctly), I just subscribed to TIS and downloaded pdfs/screenshot everything I needed. It cost $25 bucks.

Upvote 0
That is really weird. I double-checked the URL before I posted and it was working. The site is down for me right now too. Maybe try again in a few days.

When I was wiring up my seat heaters and needed the diagrams (that site above didn't have my year if I recall correctly), I just subscribed to TIS and downloaded pdfs/screenshot everything I needed. It cost $25 bucks.

Upvote 0
l believe this is what (attrached photo) l'm looking for. Now I understand the direction the alternator supply current to and from batter . Picture isn't mine and I couldn't get back to were in this maze of information I found it, I think I'm still lost in the maze.

Attachments

• 20231210_195415.jpg
    20231210_195415.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
I believe this is what I was looking for...just needed to know direction of the electrical flow from the alternator. Picture is not mine, I can't remember where I found it...so no credit there. I feel like I'm still lost in the MATRIX of information, I will take the red pill and find my way out! PS thanks for the help

Attachments

• 20231210_195415.jpg
    20231210_195415.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0
Back