• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wire Route to Center Console (Near Cell Phone Charger)

zlehman

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I have a 2020 TRD sport. I want to get wires to the center console (near the wireless cell phone charger). I would like to route them from the rear, but it looks like there is no real easy way of doing this. I was not able to find any threads, has anyone ever done this before? I am thinking of mounting a brake controller along the top edge of this compartment instead of the standard area most do near your left knee. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

As someone who just pulled apart his entire interior, I would suggest coming from driver side under the hood and come thru the rubber grommet above the driver floor board. It’s a pretty simple route (even with the interior in).

Thanks for the reply. I don't need to get through the firewall... I just need to route a wire from the kick board near the drivers left foot where the brake controller plug is and then get wires through the back on the center console to the cell phone charger area. My issue is even from inside the truck, I am not seeing a great route in the back of the center console.

Up and over the steering shaft. The entire console is pretty easy to remove after a brief YouTube education on the subject. That would make running that wire very easy.

Back