• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Window Rain Guards

TacoDrewvee

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
What is the preference on window rain guards?
I don’t really like the idea of the stick-on ones, but had heard that the in-channel ones can damage the window motor and mess with the truck computer. Thoughts?

I don't like them. I think they look tacky and I've never found them very useful.

But if you must, I highly doubt the in-channel ones will effect the ECU or the window regulator so just get those ones.

I have the i channel Avs ones and they are great to have. Hate not having fresh air into the cabin when it’s raining. They have survived all the tight trails and kids touching them. No issues with the window motor at all

I went with the AVS in channel ones as well. They are in channel and the have 3m that sticks inside the channel. They work great especially here in Washington. Just installed last week and they can be found on Amazon for under 50 for the set of 4. It took awhile to purchase because I went back and forth between AVS and weathertech.

Attachments

• 4B552669-66AF-4C14-ADF1-7B1EAE7E737E.jpeg
    4B552669-66AF-4C14-ADF1-7B1EAE7E737E.jpeg
    540.2 KB · Views: 59
I have the Weather Tech ones, no 3M, just held in with a little "bowing" force. Never had any problems in the past with in channel wind guards and my window motor?

Just installed some AVS in-channel rain guards. They look good to me and they don't affect the windows from rolling up and down. Directions say to leave windows up for 72 hours before you roll them down.

I went with the AVS in channel ones as well. They are in channel and the have 3m that sticks inside the channel. They work great especially here in Washington. Just installed last week and they can be found on Amazon for under 50 for the set of 4. It took awhile to purchase because I went back and forth between AVS and weathertech.
Are the AVS as low profile as Weather Tech? What made the deciding factor besides the price difference I think there is

It’s pretty low. They actually have two different types on AVS. The other is called their low profile. All I did was jump on the YouTube and search away. A lot of comparisons and side by sides.

I have the stick on ones. They are mostly holding up. Parts have come unstuck though and I'm considering just pulling them off because they don't help much.

Back