• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Why do so many people prefer 4 doors vs Access cab?

Subwire

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I will be in the market here very soon and I’m torn between the two.

Because I have kids. Also sometimes I like to bring adults people with me.

This is my first 4 door truck. I had access cabs before and people always hated riding in the back. Now I have no complaints

personally I think...if im going for some more room...might as well have 2 more functioning doors. plus I have kids and I think access cabs look half-assed

I actually prefer Single cab trucks but no one wants to build them anymore.

4 doors for more.... ________ ?

In all seriousness, the room. My kids fit in the back as well as tools I don’t want in the bed. Plus a “normal” size adult can fit back there as well

For me the choice was simple, just the wife and I these days, the proportions of the access cab looks much better than the double cab (especially with the tiny 5 foot bed tagging along behind if you don’t opt for the long bed). And it fits in my garage.
3EB49D10-ED64-4022-9E15-EF379DF0D86B.jpeg

I think it’s all what you plan on using the truck for. For my use, a 4 door is a no brainer, more in cab storage and being able to have passengers/my dog in the back.

I have a two door Jeep and while it looks better than the 4drs, there’s plenty of times it’s a pain in the ass. While I don’t have kids, I only have one vehicle so I need it to do a bit of double duty. I live in the city, where not many people have cars or go places regular cars can’t and it’s always fun to bring friends along on trips or take people visiting out places.

A 4 door truck is only 3 1/2 doors, as the two rear doors are only 3/4 size. The access cab has the doors swing back, partially blocking entrance to the rear of the truck. It's not like there is a hell of a lot of room to begin with.

Back