• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Whose Tacoma was this?! 3rd gen Tacoma engine swap

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I just stumbled upon this new video series. I'm not sure if the creator is on T3G, but hello if you are.

Here's what the videos are about, quoted from the video:

"I bought this 2018 Toyota tacoma trd sport off of a dude for $13,000. The truck has been beaten and destroyed and has a (suspected) blown engine It’s a 6 speed manual v6 4wd with a magnuson supercharger, 37s, 5.29 gears and arb lockers. I’m going to make this series to show me attempting to bring it back to life."

How did a truck built this have over 100,000 miles from 2018 and also basically totaled? I have questions for the previous owner.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBk--yuOuSo

The videos were enjoyable to watch…glad it went very well for them…great mechanics….
Aloha

More than likely dumped an insurance pay out into the engine then sold it

Subbed for sure, watched the first video. Impressive work, great deal so far it seems.

He's here. Posted one message a week ago. ThedirtTaco. Asking about engine replacements. I told him to hit up tacomadad for advice on engine replacements.

Looks like the same catch can I have. Best $30 bucks I've spent on eBay

Back