• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Who knows how to use a high lift jack?

I kinda felt like a puss for not knowing much about Hi Lift jacks but after the video it’s really pretty straight forward and seems easy to use. I appreciate the video

Liked and Subscribed man, good video and very straight forward.

I kinda felt like a puss for not knowing much about Hi Lift jacks but after the video it’s really pretty straight forward and seems easy to use. I appreciate the video
Just make sure u have sliders and the adapter for the hi lift for rock sliders it’ll help a lot more I know u can adapters for ur tow hitch or adapters for ur rims to use the hi lift but I wouldn’t recommend it

I'm looking to get an OSV (over sand vehicle) permit in Maryland. It says I need a jack that will clear a wheel out of sand. Will the factory jack be adequate? I plan on getting a hi lift jack but if I ordered it now I don't think I'd get it in time for my trip.

I'm looking to get an OSV (over sand vehicle) permit in Maryland. It says I need a jack that will clear a wheel out of sand. Will the factory jack be adequate? I plan on getting a hi lift jack but if I ordered it now I don't think I'd get it in time for my trip.

The factory bottle jack likely will not be adequate. The problem is it sits, and lifts from a very low point on the truck. In sand, without a solid base to support it, it will just sink under the truck making it pretty much useless. If you do plan to go with the factory jack, get a 2x6 piece of would or something to help distribute the weight of the truck onto the sand. Better bet would be to find a jack locally, get a legit jack base plate, and make sure you have adequate lifting locations on your truck.

You should turn the auxiliary foot vertical or take it off. It was super close to your body and the vehicle can shift a bit when in the air. It's more likely if you're jacking from the front/back.

Hi Lifts are notoriously fiddly to use and hazardous. I did a demo and comparison of a Hi Lift with the new and super expensive ARB jack last summer. If you're looking to drop 10x more on a jack that's a good option. Much simpler and safer.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrT8IeqJ9RI

-M

Back