• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Who else has installed this 3rd bed rail?

Third rail is one of the first things I added. It's completely bonkers this isn't stock like it was in the second gens

Last edited:
I put one in. But I haven't done anything with it yet.

-M

I did. Did it without posting a video about it too.

I add it to mount my Maxtrax.

Attachments

• 180BC3E7-0854-4799-AFC6-E0683ADABA35.jpeg
    180BC3E7-0854-4799-AFC6-E0683ADABA35.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 68
Oh great here comes another useless video in another useless thread.

“How do you mount your traction boards?”

I did. Did it without posting a video about it too.
As dumb as it sounds. There’s people out there that I bet didn’t know they can purchase this that’s why I posted it

you understand there’s people out there that actually do have questions like that not everyone is mechanically inclines. I do my videos to help others if you do not like it you do not need to watch it you do not need to read what I post I do it out of my own time to help others out. Thank you.

Ouch, hating on the YouTubers! Jesse is right, people watch that stuff. I haven't had much luck with it myself.

-M

As dumb as it sounds. There’s people out there that I bet didn’t know they can purchase this that’s why I posted it

you understand there’s people out there that actually do have questions like that not everyone is mechanically inclines. I do my videos to help others if you do not like it you do not need to watch it you do not need to read what I post I do it out of my own time to help others out. Thank you.
Per the recently implemented forum rule, posting a thread solely to share a video should only be done in our photos / videos section. This rule was implemented due to numerous requests from people that felt like these posts sometimes come off as an advertisement of the YouTube channel.

Also mentioned in the rule, sharing the video in any thread where the video might help the original poster is acceptable.
August 6, 2020 update:

Effective immediately, creating a new thread to advertise your own YouTube video(s) is no longer allowed outside of these designated sections:
Again, those are the only two sections where you may create a thread to link to your own YouTube video.

Please report these threads if they are being posted in other sections.

Note: If someone has asked a question that you have previously covered in a video, you may reply to their question with a written message and link them to your video as a secondary resource at the end of your post.
https://tacoma3g.com/terms/post-55564

But this is not the right way to correct it.

If you or anyone else finds a questionable post, please use the report button at the bottom of the post. It helps when when you do because I don't see everything. It also keeps potential toxicity out of the discussions.

Okay, don’t try to argue that 100% of your threads aren’t dedicated to generating clout on your YouTube channel. Actually I'm wrong: Only 95.73% of your threads are dedicated to gaining clout on YouTube.

You don’t care about creating discussion on here man. At least it’s not your primary motive. Of your 117 threads, only 5 of them don't attempt to draw people away from this forum to your channel. And of those 5, 1 is your intro thread and 2 are still aimed at benefiting you personally with purchase links. This shit is the yellow pages to you. Fuck mate, 48 of your threads have ZERO replies. Which means 41% of what you create here is click bait at best. And I'd say only maybe 10% of your 414 replies have been on a thread other than your own. Analytically you’re closer to an advertiser than you are a member of this community. You drop in to post a video and that’s it. As a result, you’ve got no skin in the game here because your primary goal is focused on YT statistics.

Maybe you aught to just make an actual build thread and post your videos to that instead of dropping a new thread every time you start your truck.

Listen, the videos are well done. I may think the content is a bit elementary but the production quality is good and you’re not a creep. People obviously find them helpful, otherwise you wouldn’t have the YT following that you do. Admittedly I have also found one or two of them helpful. But in my opinion, when you constantly saturate this forum with yet another video posted in yet another new thread, titled with yet another rhetorical question - you begin to blur the line between dedicated helpful Tacoma enthusiast and pandering influencer trying to advance their YouTube career. It just becomes unavailing.

Idk maybe I’m just being a Dick.

...when you constantly saturate this forum with yet another video posted in yet another new thread, titled with yet another rhetorical question - you begin to blur the line between dedicated helpful Tacoma enthusiast and pandering influencer trying to advance their YouTube career. It just becomes unavailing.

Idk maybe I’m just being a Dick.

Hmmmmm...I really enjoy Jesse's videos but Nicky does make some very valid points. If those numbers are accurate (I have no reason to think they are not) I can see the problem. I'm rethinking how I feel about this. I'm questioning how I post my own videos as well.

Hmmmmm...I really enjoy Jesse's videos but Nicky does make some very valid points. If those numbers are accurate (I have no reason to think they are not) I can see the problem. I'm rethinking how I feel about this. I'm questioning how I post my own videos as well.
Generally, people react as @nickyreno to posting like @Jesse Rizo is doing. Basically, low effort not engaging. @Jesse Rizo, What I've found gets the best reaction here and Reddit and other forums, is post the full write up with photos on the install so that it stands alone. Add the video at the top, but not as the first and only thing. Then the community has it's own stand-alone hub for the content and it has value. It takes effort, but it'll be a lot better for your channel.

It's a lot of effort to do that on a bunch of different platforms, but it's worth it in the end because it gets better engagement on the content and the SEO helps the youtube content. So they say.

-M

Can the 3rd bed rail be put on if the Tacoma has the factory tonneau Cover?

Back