• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Which antenna mount?

BudB

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Ordered a tonneau cover and I need to relocate my CB antenna from the cargo rail to the rear of the truck. Which is built better the Cali Raised or the Rago mount. I'm leaning toward the Rago as it looks heavier. FWIW '18 OffRoad Access Cab. Thanks

Just from the specs, IMO, Rago for sure!
Rago: 1/8" Thick, STAINLESS STEEL, 3 mounting holes, 1/2" Hole - Powder-coat should take that down to a blond one over 3/8" - ready to roll!
Cali: Unknown thickness, Unknown Metal, 2 mounting holes, 3/8" Hole - If that hole was drilled out to 3/8" pre-powder-coat, you'll have to cleanup the hole to accept a 3/8" CB antenna and in doing so you just shot your powder-coat integrity.

The only thing I like about the Cali Raised over the Rago is how it matches the contour of the truck and how it is boxed in on 3 sides versus the Rago 2 sides - looks more neat IMO. Let us know what you go with and how you like it.

Last edited:
Ordered a tonneau cover and I need to relocate my CB antenna from the cargo rail to the rear of the truck. Which is built better the Cali Raised or the Rago mount. I'm leaning toward the Rago as it looks heavier. FWIW '18 OffRoad Access Cab. Thanks
It might help to link to the mounts so we know exactly what you are talking about.

Oh, wait is it this CaliRaised?

I have that one. I don't like it. It flexes a lot and doesn't leave room for a canopy. Seems like a no brainier that if someone is using one of these they might have a canopy and designing it with that in mind.

I think this is the Rago one. Not sure if it would fit with a canopy:

Last edited:
Back