• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

When you go against your better judgement.....

TalusGear

3️⃣ Silver
Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
talusgear.com
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
.... this is what happens:

20200517_153655.jpg

Luckily it was a simple recovery to pull it backwards and then back both rigs about a half mile up the road to where we could turn them around.

I didn't get a pic of it but the creek crossing was so worn out by utv's climbing up it that it was impassible. unfortunately this bypass was so soft the bank gave way causing the truck to slip down like this.

.... this is what happens:

20200517_153655.jpg

Luckily it was a simple recovery to pull it backwards and then back both rigs about a half mile up the road to where we could turn them around.

I didn't get a pic of it but the creek crossing was so worn out by utv's climbing up it that it was impassible. unfortunately this bypass was so soft the bank gave way causing the truck to slip down like this.

good thing you had gear and another person with you! Many times I’ve seen guys go alone and without gear... blows my mind!

Ive noticed these trucks can go pretty far to either side without tipping, even though they for sure feel like it!

good thing you had gear and another person with you! Many times I’ve seen guys go alone and without gear... blows my mind!

Ive noticed these trucks can go pretty far to either side without tipping, even though they for sure feel like it!

I was very glad I had two rigs and recovery gear. I always have the recovery gear but it would have been a lot harder without the second truck.

I've honestly been amazed by the offroad performance of these trucks.

Wow. That's a bit scary man. Glad you guys walked away safely. This is why I now firmly just walk away from something whenever I get the heeby jeeby's. It's just not worth it.

Back